why haven't I felt a kick?

awefulfeeling

Reaction score
Well I'm working on 19 weeks and I don't know why I haven't felt a kick. I was reading that the movements are normally noticed by now.
Can any one help? could there be something wrong?:growlmad:

Probably nothing wrong!!! It took me a long time to feel movement!
If your placenta is anterior (meaning between your baby and your belly button) then you will feel movements later and have them be more muffled).
I didn't have an anterior placenta and it still took me ages to feel movement!

I know its hard when you hear all these women saying they feel their baby at 14 weeks etc... but its totally normal for it to take longer!!
:hugs:

Have you seen this thread? https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/490901-20-weeks-no-movement-thread.html

It lots of others at 20 weeks that haven't felt yet. I found out at my scan at 21 weeks that I have an anterior placenta, and that stops you from feeling kicks so much. Try not to worry, lots of people dont feel them by 19 weeks and all is fine x

Sometimes you can be so active you don't notice them!

I've only just started feeling mine a lot, and before then it was the occasional flutter if I stopped and concentrated after eating or drinking.

Don't panic too much, do you have your anomaly scan soon? If not and you're still worried, you could ask your midwife but I'm sure bubs is just hiding :)

Yup, Lisa's right, I have an anterior placenta and it usually means less movement, felt a bit later, you're not alone. Don't worry. Have a peek in your notes and see if it mentions anterior placenta anywhere. But it's totally normal. Lots of women don't feel anything until past the 20 week mark. I find having cold OJ or chocolate and then sitting back for a bit usually stirs up some movement.
x

I still have trouble 'making' my baby move... poking my belly does nothing...
sometimes after a meal, he's very active but I can't make it happen just by eating or drinking :dohh:

I felt it best especially when movements were first starting by lying ON my stomach (if you can, of course... my belly isn't sticking out much at all so I can still do this)

They say that kicks can usually start between 16 - 22 weeks but most women dont start feeling them until 18 weeks. I wouldnt worry yet :) Im just now 16 weeks and i want nothing more than to feel baby, but because i am overweight im blaming it on that. Im hoping to feel soon though!!!

Thank you for all the responses! my hubby told me not to worry but I sooo want to feel my lil peanut.. I'm sooo excited to meet it but still have so long to go that a kick would be awesome.

I'll try some of the thoughts I did try the flash light but the book said that doesn't work until 22 weeks any ways. I may have had a kick but thought it was gas, just want to make sure everything is okay... My scan isn't until the 8th of Feb. so another 2 weeks and I CANT wait!

Thanks again!!

Have you seen this thread? https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/490901-20-weeks-no-movement-thread.html

It lots of others at 20 weeks that haven't felt yet. I found out at my scan at 21 weeks that I have an anterior placenta, and that stops you from feeling kicks so much. Try not to worry, lots of people dont feel them by 19 weeks and all is fine x

Thank you for the link, I've started to read and it seems all to common that women don't feel movement , makes me feel much better!!:happydance:

Im 23+6 and still not felt anything. I have an anterior placenta, so this is prob why but i have worried so much over it. 20 scan was all normal and baby growing well. Also the past couple of days i have developed a much bigger bump, so guessing something is ok and growing in there ;-) Hope u feel baby soon :)

despite not feeling my baby much, the last OB I saw did the doppler and commented 'wow, he's really active, isn't he' :rofl: Not as far as I can tell!!!!

And I was not willing to really believe that what I was feeling had to be kicks without any doubt until DH felt one from the outside. Once he did, I was hugely relieved! Chances are that maybe kick, maybe gas was probably a kick, but I understand not feeling sure!

I keep telling myself that this will be a good thing... that eventually when the kid is big enough to cause major discomfort, keep me awake, wake me up etc, that I'll be luckier to not feel him as much. Its a small comfort for now, but it does help to think that way a little!

I didn't feel anything until about 22 weeks and that was still just little pokes. Now if I lay down for a while I can watch him dance from the outside :) hehe. He is getting more and more active, sometimes it's really strange! I think they said I have an anterior placenta but it can also move as your belly gets bigger. I think within the next few weeks you will start feeling a lot more, for me it came on very quickly, one day it was tiny pokes, and that night he was kicking daddy's hand, and it really hasn't stopped much since then. Best of luck on feeling your LO asap!

I was just at my OBGYN last Wednesday. He very clearly stated that with a first pregnancy women generally start feeling the baby move at around 20 weeks. Keeping in mind that this may feel like bubbles, ripples or effervescent. . not necessarily like a full kick! Second babies and those after generally start making themselves known at about 16 weeks or so.
But will all this you have to keep in mind that these are just average dates and everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->