Why haven't I felt her yet?

I didn't feel kicks or punches until 22 weeks, and even then it was " Is that the baby?? " until it started happening more and more :thumbup: I might be a pessimist but I'm one of those who says anything you feel 15 weeks or before is gas bubbles :shrug:

Not true! :nope: Not sure if this is your first, but having your second for me was very different. I think you understand more what is baby what isn't. I thought for sure people that felt early were probably wrong too...even going into my second pregnancy thought I won't feel this one for ages. I was wrong. I definitely felt little flutters around 11 weeks. After carrying a child and of course knowing what gas feels like you can easily tell the difference!

Yes I have heard that if you're having your second child doctor's tend to ask if you've felt movement yet at 14 weeks. You're more likely to know what you're looking for with your second.

As for me, this is my first so I have no idea what I'm looking for. It's depressing somewhat. :(

Hey ladies,

I'm just starting to feel left out. I read about all of your wonderful experiences with baby kicking and fluttering about and I haven't felt a thing.

Maybe I've felt a few flicks or knocks but I don't know if that's baby or not so I'm not going to count it until I'm sure.

I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong. I don't understand why I haven't felt my little girl yet, I'm plenty big and round right now and started out slim so I would think I wouldn't have any trouble.

Anybody else going through the same thing?

I have not felt my baby boy yet either. I also may have felt some tiny flutterings or bubbles but nothing I can definately say "that was my baby".

I just want to feel him already!

exactly! :hugs:

Yeah for me its on and off except for today. I read that the baby is more active between 9pm and 1 am, so maybe just sit quiet and feel whats going on. Thats the only time I can really feel anything and I have to relax and give it 15 min. Hopefully this helps too!:hugs:

I didn't feel kicks or punches until 22 weeks, and even then it was " Is that the baby?? " until it started happening more and more :thumbup: I might be a pessimist but I'm one of those who says anything you feel 15 weeks or before is gas bubbles :shrug:

Not true! :nope: Not sure if this is your first, but having your second for me was very different. I think you understand more what is baby what isn't. I thought for sure people that felt early were probably wrong too...even going into my second pregnancy thought I won't feel this one for ages. I was wrong. I definitely felt little flutters around 11 weeks. After carrying a child and of course knowing what gas feels like you can easily tell the difference!

When i told my nurse at my 16wk checkup that i felt baby moved she laughed said it was impossible to feel baby already that it was in my head or just gas:growlmad: As i said to her i know what it feels like as this is my 3rd baby. I was 14wks when i 1st felt baby move for definite although didnt feel her/him all the time just every now and again, but then again having a house and 2 older kiddies to look after i wouldnt really be paying too much attention not like on my1st when i would spend ages lying down waiting on baby to move:haha:

When I told my midwife that I'd thought I'd felt movement, she said 'most likely yes...that's great'. lol. She's been doing this forever!

I think I have a lot of doubt especially when women in first tri are posting about feeling their baby move/flutters up near their belly button when their uterus is still well behind their pubic bone LOL I'm sure you can feel it sooner with your second and third baby as you know what to feel for, but I'm still pretty sure there are plenty of women ( especially first time moms) who go on thinking their dinner is baby moving for a good long while :shrug:

I was quite surprised on this one that I'd been told quite a bit around 12 weeks how low down the baby was, was still behind pubic bone etc...when I went for my US at just over 12 wks, she said the top of my uterus was just below my belly button and the baby was just a bit lower than that! Not sure if that's because it's my second or not, but you just really never know what's going on with someone else's uterus! lol.

I know I'm still quite early but I've befriended other girls on here who I know are having their first and they have been feeling movement for quite some time. :( I have never heard of an anterior placenta so this will be something I ask my doctor to look for during our scan on Wednesday.

As far as when it's proper to feel your baby move whether it's your first, second, or so on-I think once your baby's limbs are intact and it begins moving around is early enough for a mom to feel movement. You'll know when you feel your child and if there are some women who say "oh I can feel the baby" and it's just gas or whatever it's no matter. It puts them in a happy place and most likely if they know what they're looking for they're probably right.

To each their own but I don't think there is any rule to when you can/can't feel your child. Maybe at 4 weeks along ;).

Thank you ladies for the replies. It's helpful knowing that some of you didn't feel movement until 20+ weeks and also to learn about an anterior placenta.

Hey hon - I was worried as well but guess what my 21st week I finally felt individual kicks...you will know and be so happy...be patient it can take awhile with your first one.

Hey hon - I was worried as well but guess what my 21st week I finally felt individual kicks...you will know and be so happy...be patient it can take awhile with your first one.

Thank you so much! Congrats on the movement, that's amazing. :flower:

The time period varies for everybody. I'm sure u'll feel movements soon. I think they do that intentionally. Wait until we're panicking and then wiggle a little so we know they're there :haha:

You'll see, when she starts throwing little kicks towards your bladder, you're going to be like "oh lord, I have to pee AGAIN!" LoL- I swear I think my baby has it out for my poor little bladder! LoL- Let us know as soon as you feel her....its very exciting, and once you feel her once you will start feeling her more and more often- and you'll actually recognize it as movements....I actually thought that I could only feel my baby towards the bottim of my belly, but when I was getting my ultrasound today, the tech had her thing right by my belly button, and the little arms are way up there- so now when I feel it on my mid-tummy, I know its baby punching me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->