Why is induction bad?

I would like to clarify that my induction was a wonderful experience up until they told me her head was turned. The last hour of pushing + the trauma afterward was the only bad part in 25 hours of being induced. I slept most of the time and my baby was not in distress.

I was already dilating and having some contractions, and was i think 70% effaced at the time of induction which might have made it easier?

i was induced both times- labor went fine- i waited until 41 weeks with dd1 though because at 38 i was scheduled for induction due to waters being low, when i came in the doc on duty said the water level was fine and that he was going to be honest with me- in my situation- no dilation, no signs baby was ready- i only had a 25% chance of having baby vaginally. He left it at that and let me decide. I left, and at 41 weeks i had dilated and had my membranes swept. baby was born 8 hours after they started pitocin- vaginally

My mum has had 5 children and was induced with my brother who is the youngest, she told me all the way through my first pregnancy you will be fine just as long as you're not induced! Do when I was told I had to be induced I was terrified! I think she just meant it hurts more. But I haven't yet got anything to compare the pain to. It was awfully painful! But then I'm sure natural labour probably is too!

Because in an ideal world you would rather your labour started naturally. You could stay at home longer and not need to spend hours in a hospital wait for medications to work. My induction was very straight forward (ended up with EMCS but that was at 10cm and due to his position and not the induction). This time i really hope to avoid induction. I would much rather be at home letting the contractions build than pacing hospital hallways waiting for a pessary to work. But if its required for medical reasons then thats fine. Obviously what we all want is a healthy baby to take home at the end of the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->