Why is it men that...

BabyNo1.

Reaction score
..have already had kids take pleasure in telling you how shit it's going to be having a new born to look after!!

I'm fed up with it, why can't people just be happy for you, I've waited so long for my baby, I know it will be hard work, I don't need telling, I also don't need telling I need to speak to someone thats just had a baby! I've done all my research and I like many other mothers and fathers will find my way, its my business. I've been to NCT classes, I've looked after my nephews, I'm not perfect but my husband and I will do our best!

Grrrr :shrug:

Hmmm can't say I've ever had that said to me. Some people see it as a chore taking care of a kid while most see it as a blessing :flower:

take no notice people just like to try and scare you. at soem point in our lives most of us will have children and it hard but hey ho look at all the love we get in return :)

oh i absolutely have always hated people like this, some people just want to jump on that familiar annoying wagon and be right just for the sake of being right or being able to say "i told u so"

Ive had friends like this for years and i always find them patronizing. And guess what they did when i told them i was preggo, yep u guessed it, telling me all the shit blarr blarrrrr, i just laughed at them and said "is that right?" i humored them and they fell for it. One of my friends has taken the pleasure in saying i will crave red meat(which i dont eat ) and i said i wouldnt and guess what, i was right and it pisses her off some

I think men especially just suck at small talk. Babies are such an important part of parents' lives and if they meet someone who's about to have one, they want to share. But men being men they don't want to seem soft and saying anything about how great having children is would be a very private, very emotional thing. So they stick with the "funny" stories about how hard it is, allowing them to share but still look tough. :haha: I know it's annoying but try nit to take it too seriously.

Ive not had that...but I have had men who DONT have kids telling me that 'they dont get interesting until about 15 months'!! Idiots!!

It's probably the same reason that women seemed to keep telling me about their miscarriages in the 1st trimester when I first announced I was pregnant and why women randomly feel the need to share about their tearing and horror stories from birth after they ask when I'm due. I think it is meant to build camaraderie or something. I just smile and nod now.

Maybe because it just doesn't come as naturally to men.

Everyone's a critic chic. I'm slowly learning you just got to ignore these stupid comments people always state the obvious

I'm having similar problems with people telling me how hard its going to be in 4 weeks time when the baby is here. The same people that told me I would find the 3rd trimester hard (I haven't) especially in the warmth of the summer (still no problems)

At the moment, Im doing everything AND working 8hours a day AND volunteering all weekend. When baby comes I shall NOT be working - nor will I be doing the same amount of volunteering - thats an extra 60hours a week I will gain.

Even if I spend every single second of those 60 hours looking after the baby, I wont have to worry about the extra time you need to add on for getting ready for work each day and I wont need to worry what my hair and make up and clothes look like.

Gotta say, its mainly stay at home mums, men and retired people who are telling me how tough it will be.....

Because men don't realise how hard it will actually be until their here and think they're letting you in on a little secret lol. Tbh I have a sister who I looked after from newborn(she's 4 now) did NCT, etc, and it was harder than I thought, but it's only something you learn by going through it and not everyone has as hard a time as everyone else! Xx

Because they're men? They aren't known for their tactfulness :haha:

Take no notice :hugs:. Yes having a baby is going to change your life and times will be hard. But its also going to be the best thats ever happened to you. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->