Why isn't she hungry?

firstLO

Evie's mum & pregnant
Reaction score
Evie has never been a baby who drinks a lot but lately it's got ridiculous. She's on 3 meals a day now but doesn't eat much and sometimes hardly anything. I wouldn't mind so much if she was drinking her milk but she's just not interested at all. Every day we struggle to get her to take her bottles and we're lucky if she takes 18-20 ozs. I took her to be weighed this morning and her weight is fine and the HV said she should be having a minimum of 20ozs but not to worry too much and not to push her too much! That's all right for her to say but I don't think she realises that if we didn't push her she would hardly drink anything and so wouldn't be putting on any weight!

I don't know what to do. I don't want her to have a bad association with drinking her bottles but I can't let her only have a tiny amount a day as she doesn't get enough nutrition from her food either so it can't be that she's full.
Yesterday she only had 15.5ozs and the only meal she finished was some fruit and yoghurt.

Has anyone else's child been like this? When I read posts everyone else's babies seem to drink and eat loads. I don't have any other problems with her. She's a very happy, smiley baby and sleeps well etc. I just wish she'd drink her milk ](*,).

Does anyone have any advice PLEASE.

Thanks

Well I can't say for sure what Hayden took in because he only nursed but it wasn't for very long at a time, I would guess he was taking a couple ounces max at a time. And at her age wasn't even eating solids, we tried and he flat out refused. She will let you know what she needs just keep offering, she won't starve herself :)

If her weight is fine then I really wouldnt worry :hugs: Molly only takes an average of 15oz a day, and she is growing well. Some babies just dont eat as much I guess! As long as she is happy and healthy there is no need to worry.Just keep offering it to her, thats all we can do and if htey are hungry they will eat it x

As long as she has plenty of wet and dirty nappies and is gaining weight, seems happy in herself ......then stop worrying xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->