Why must people interfere!

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
why do they stick their noses in and tell yuo what to do! its gone beyond the point of being helpful! My mum seems to think she is raising my baby or something as I should be doing everything the way she done it! :hissy:

"what do you need a nursing chair for I never had one of them" SO WHAT MUM!

"what a christening in the summer?? thats to late its 4 weeks after baby is born"
IT HAPPENS WHEN I SAY IT DOES! and i told her she was lucky to have a chrstening as i dont agree with christening a child who is not going to go to chruch and i wantto learn about all religions and make up its own mine. Then goes on about school! what am i going to do which school then? why must i throw water around my babies head for it to be excepted by a school! ffs! stupid! its the 00,s!

NO I AM WRONG! seems she is shcoked with my approach! dosnt like a thing i say!

again "I didnt do it like that and neither did my mum"

:growlmad:SHUT UP!

Then picks on my name choices! " I am shocked with you picking a name likethat whats wrong with Rudolf? " mum thats a raindeers name! and bruce is the dogs name! :twisted: Then argues with me on and bloody on and on about names that are not what I want!

And i know she will interfere more about the up bringing and call me digraceful for my open views and me wanting my kid to makes its own decisions instead of having things forced on it.

She was even trying to pick my pram! mines only £99 from kiddcare! no she has one picked £400! oh this one is much better she says. Errm who is paying mum???

Then there was them interfering mates who i actuallu fell out with they done so dam much to controll me! cant do this, we do that, you have to do this etc etc

who is pushing this baby out! :hissy:

why must they interfere! advice is nice to take, there is a line though!

lol @ Rudolf being a reindeer :rofl: I've had a few negative remarks about things but i tend to just brush it off and put my foot down and say TOUGH! and with the pram you should say if you want that one, i am quite happy for you to get it for your grandchild By all means!

thats what I said to her! buy it if you want i only have a small amount to spend that that is near the whole amount and i cant count on everyone else to get me stuff. She hasnt even got me anyting :(

Its just my mum that gets to me i can brush others off. Not even my best mate is likethis she agrees i do as i pleaase its my kid and no one is to push me into anything. I think my mum is stuck in the old days or something. I like freedom of choice.

I know what you mean, you have to ignore her! my sister has been the same, she told me i have to call the baby phoebe if its a girl...WTF?? no i will call it what i like!

Also she told me i had to find out babys sex at 20 week scan, she was at the scan so i asked and the sonographer couldnt tell so she was like "you have to have a 3d one done" so i booked a 3d scan even though i didnt want to know baby's sex and then i thought "sod this, its my child and if i dont want to know then thats my right" so i cancelled it and told her i had changed my mind and she threw a paddy and didnt speak to me for 3 days and told me i had really upset her!

I know it will only get worse when baby is here and i will end up telling her to keep her nose out and if she doesnt like it then tough...she can find out the sex of her own child and call it phoebe if she wants as i dont care!!!! :rofl:

My mum said i wasnt allowed to say who could come and visit me in the hospital and that i was being rude and had no right to tell people who can come and see me there! excuse me i only said i may not be up to having friends and half a dozen kids running around but it was only her and immediate fam i wanted as i would be tired! no she took a strop and says she aint coming at all. FFS! seems like i am just a receptical for the baby and no one cares about how i feel at all! :(

Oh i hear ya and it doesn't get easier. My mum hates the name Rocklyn and will not tell people he is called that. He just gets Rocco. Also had a bit of an argument last night cos i said Rocco wasn't getting christened. Apparently its awful that he's living in original sin. Guess we'll all burn in hell for that one. You have to put your foot down tho this is your baby and your family.

Do you know what they worry about a christening but dont worry about the fact we arnt married? isnt that the same thing living in sin and all? think my grandad mentioned it once to my mum about us living together. Wedding is to dear and you dont see my parents jump to pay any of it thats probably why they say nothing. I would happy elope off somewhere if the thought didnt scare Mr dragonfly so much as he thinks things may go down hill if we do.
suppose they are tryhing to keep tradition alive but times have changed.

Bruce is my dogs name and he is a dirty rascal and very dumb dog. And she is well aware of this.

my mother is like urs about names and my aunt, who has no children and has shown no interest in having children suddenly believes she knows everything.she even wanted to "look after me" for two weeks after birth, i was like is that not what oh is for?? me and other aunt refer to it as hand that rocks the cradle syndrome

No she was serious! I even reminded her of the dogs name and she said she knew that. She does know it she doee noting but pet bruce when she comes in.

she dosnt care how i am either as i have tested it by mentioning baby was kicking places and she goes quiet, then goes right on to the subject of the neighbours. Never asks how i am ever. she is really stone cold though, has no emotion other than anger. even when i was growing up she was like a statue and didnt pay attention to me. so sad i know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->