Why no coffee?

Lawhra

NowProudMumOfTwo!!
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it's because of the caffeine alone? I used to drink coffee daily, but have reduced it to one a week. I thought the other day about getting caffeine free coffee because I like the taste of coffee, but was unsure if even that is bad?

I'd be gratefull if anyone knows.

yeah it is the caffeine, too much caffeine can cause a miscarriage so caffeine free coffee would be fine to drink!

I drank lots of decaf every day while TTC and was fine. I went off it during first Tri, but mostly because of the taste (after years suddenly made me :sick:) but am back on it again and still no troubles. :)

I didn't know this - and I drink a lot of coffee. Will switch to decaff. :hugs:

I've cut down on alcohol and am eating really healthily, but I can't face giving up caffeine, too. :cry: Oh, no.

SOme stuff that I have read says that even the chemicals they use to decaffeinate are bad for you so decaf should be avoided too. Mind you.... this is the same book that said not to decorate (paint fumes) and to eat only organically when ttc. We have lives to lead thanks!

I'm just trying to be sensible and stick within the guidelines that they give pregnant women for caffine (which is 2 cups of (instant)coffee or tea a day).
Have cut down on the alcohol and the junk food. I didn't really drink that much anyway, apart from the weekend (I'm now making a couple of glasses of wine last all night rather than twice that or more - my friend (who don't know we are ttc) must think I've got something wrong with me!!!)

Hi ladies, I found this helpful for myself:

https://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

Wanted to have a cup of tea or hot chocolate, but wasn't sure how much caffeine was in each, so was relieved to see this chart. (the top part is soft drinks, the bottom is coffee etc. )

Hi ladies, I found this helpful for myself:

https://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

Wanted to have a cup of tea or hot chocolate, but wasn't sure how much caffeine was in each, so was relieved to see this chart. (the top part is soft drinks, the bottom is coffee etc. )

thank you, that is really useful x

My Zita West book says that if a man drinks it, it can make the sperm clump together.

I think it's really important not to revolve your entire life - ie everything you eat and drink - around ttc. It can just end up making you miserable - to give up drinking wine, tea, coffee, to stop eating cheese and chocolate, ect etc and then to STILL not conceive. God.

I asked my gyn about this. He said its one of those things where people hear something and it spirals out of control. Cafine can be dangerous to an unborn baby. But the chances of that happening is 1 in a million. Its reccomended that you dont drink too much in first trimenster, or switch to decaf. But as far as TTC goes, one a day is fine. Any more then one a day and its not good for yourself, let alone TTC etc. It should also be noted that a real coffee (latte, cappacino etc) is far better for you then a drip one or a instant (instant being the worst).

I think it's really important not to revolve your entire life - ie everything you eat and drink - around ttc. It can just end up making you miserable - to give up drinking wine, tea, coffee, to stop eating cheese and chocolate, ect etc and then to STILL not conceive. God.

I agree, that's why I'm just trying to be sensible rather than cutting anything altogether. At the end of the day "sensible" is probably just what the health bods recommend that you have anyway so I'm happy enough that I'm just being good to myself, and if it means I'm helping chances of a baby too then that's great...

x

Caffeine is no where near as risky as alcohol or cigarettes. What it can so is increase blood's flow to vital organs. We want the blood to flow to a certain non-vital organ - our uteri.

Thanks everyone for your reply's and opinions :)

I agree that cutting everything out is a miserable way of life, which is why I am not going to cut chocolate out! Lol.
But I do also think that when you have been trying for years you will try just about anything, even deprivation.
For me, really the only bad thing would be coffee. But cutting that out has not bothered me too much untill now. I keep craving it! So will buy me some caffeine free. But probably won't even have that daily.

The chemicals used to make decaf scare me, so I'd rather drink regular, but lots less of it then decaf myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->