WHY, WHy, Why???

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
Why do we Symptom Spot when we absolutely KNOW we are not pregnant??? Tell me I am not alone here.. And please tell me I'm not crazy.. I feel like I'm losing it?!?:nope:

Yes I totally symptom spot... even before my period is late! Haha. To be honest I am WTT but not ready whatsoever for baby #2 yet so I think I am just afraid though! Even though I have an IUD in!

Because we hope. :D
If you know you can't be then try to take your mind off it though. Maybe start a project that'll keep you busy for a few days (a gardening project maybe or planning a holiday or reading a really good book or decluttering the attic or a wardrobe). But (with you description in the contraception thread in mind) are you really sure you can't be? I take it it would be a nice surprise?

YES YES YES , I am terrible for this. I am not even due for another week and at times convince myself i am pregnant even though i know it is impossible (hubby had the snip last year) . Even bought a bunch of cheap tests from ebay , i am obsessing over something i know will not happen for a long time if ever (im trying to talk him into a reversal)

I suspected I might be pregnant, tested twice and got 2 BFNs, so I'm certain I'm not.. Yet still I symptom spot! I think once we know what symptoms there are, we begin to notice even the slightest things :dohh:

it would be.. but not possible.. unless i O'ed way late

You are definately not alone! I agree with what others said... it is hope :) We all want a LO so badly that we hope for a suprise because then it is out of our control. If we haven't saved enough money or paid off enough debt or finished school or any of the other reasons we are all waiting it won't matter because it is out of our hands and we will just have to make it work.

I'm symptom spotting and OH is 3000 miles away! It makes me a bit sad, symptom spotting and knowing that unless OH has super sperm that can fly across the United States, I can't be pregnant!

I'm symptom spotting and OH is 3000 miles away! It makes me a bit sad, symptom spotting and knowing that unless OH has super sperm that can fly across the United States, I can't be pregnant!

It's probably useful, though, to pay close attention to what your body's doing even when you know you can't be pregnant.
I wish I'd paid better attention over the years.
Until I started ttc, I didn't even know how long my cycles were; that's how little attention I paid.

Since you're following things so closely now, later- when you actually might be pregnant- you'll have something to compare it to.

we hope for a suprise because then it is out of our control. If we haven't saved enough money or paid off enough debt or finished school or any of the other reasons we are all waiting it won't matter because it is out of our hands and we will just have to make it work.

This exactly is what I'm feeling right now... it feels like it's going to be so so long before it will be the "right time", I kind of want a surprise, even if it would be difficult and a big challenge. :blush:

im with you on this. every month i think am i arnt i :rofl: its actually quite depressing cuz it gets to the point where i think can i EVER be pg!!! i do worry about not being able to have a baby! I just cant wait to get the wait over with and ttc so my SS can be justified! xxx

Nope you're not alone! Head over to the symptom spotting thread, there's lots of us that do it!

I do it all the time even though the chance of me being pregnant is really slim (on the pill and never miss any) but a girl can dream! :haha:

Oh I did.. hit up the SS thread that is. I feel so silly though. Its like we can trick our bodies into feeling things that arent there. So strange..

Guilt as charged. I agree with the previous posters:

Originally Posted by L005
we hope for a suprise because then it is out of our control. If we haven't saved enough money or paid off enough debt or finished school or any of the other reasons we are all waiting it won't matter because it is out of our hands and we will just have to make it work.

This exactly is what I'm feeling right now... it feels like it's going to be so so long before it will be the "right time", I kind of want a surprise, even if it would be difficult and a big challenge.

I always have that 'could I be?' niggle in the back of my mind, although DP and I never take any risks and I know deep down that it's unlikely. I've even wondered if it's sending me a bit loopy - I've missed my last 2 periods and had quite a few pg symptoms - what if that's because I'm thinking about it so much...? So naturally I joined this board, so I can think/talk about it even more :dohh:

Lulls

Of course your not alone, we all do it..Maybe to spot when the real thing happens to us we know what to expect.

Even i do it and i haven't even slept with my current OH yet :rofl: x

^^^ That's good stuff, eightiesbird, LOL

Gosh THANK YOU :thumbup:for starting this thread! I thought it was just me being a complete sad case! We use the pull out method, so I always hope... just maybe - But HUB is sure I can't be - I even joke about him firing blanks etc, but he said "I'm just not firing at the target" blooming smart arse!

I was still SS even after AF arrived last cycle, and I'll be honest, I was totally gutted :cry:- then I was alright for a week or so - now I'd due to OV is a couple days and I'm back to square one - even though I spent the last week or so making very sensible arguments to myself why it was better to wait!:shrug:

I've even bought some OPK and a basal therm off ebay to be "more aware" like a previous poster said, it can only be a good thing for the time we really do start TTC.

ahhhh I'm so glad its not just me - this either makes me rather sane, or the rest of you loopy!!! :wacko:

You are definately not alone! I agree with what others said... it is hope :) We all want a LO so badly that we hope for a suprise because then it is out of our control. If we haven't saved enough money or paid off enough debt or finished school or any of the other reasons we are all waiting it won't matter because it is out of our hands and we will just have to make it work.

yes that ^^^ would be perfect. :cloud9:

ive been ss for days now. have been on the pill and i dont even think we bd this past cycle (my libido is in the gutter) and i've been an emotional train wreck and got a bfn but am still convinced somewhere inside me that i am (even though i'm not ready)

ugh. this isn't fair...can't i just get pregnant accidentally so i can just enjoy it?? too scared to try for it but wouldn't mind if it happened.

Well... I have an update. This is my 3rd cycle off the pill and my first 'normal cycle' was 35 days (thought I was pg but wasnt). Last cycle was 30 days. I am now on CD 32 and scared to death to test... I was hoping my cycles were regulating themselves like 35-30-28...and going to stay at 28, but who knows. We avoided BD days 12-16 and I "thought" I O'ed on CD15, but I suppose it could have been on CD16 or 17. We definitely BD'd on CD17 (after a 5 day break, lol) so.....??

I keep having AF like cramps and keep feeling the urge to go 'check' (sorry TMI) but when I do, it's just CM... whats the deal?

Have any of you heard of your body getting in sync with the women you are around constantly? I work with two other women very closely.. Could this just be my body trying to get on the same schedule as theirs? Am I completely mad??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->