Will Any Of You Ladies Be Buying A Double Buggy?

Louisa K

Reaction score
Howdy Ladies! :winkwink:

I'll need to start looking into getting a double as my LO will only be just 2 years old when baby number 2 comes along..

Just wondered what ones are good, so far only looked around online at a few, like the phil and ted ones, has anyone got one? What are they like?

Or what double have you got and would you recommend it?

Would prefer to take advise from mum's that have actually tried and tested these products!

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

It might be worth checking out the Obaby Tandem XI. It is almost identical to the Phil and Teds but cheaper. That was what we were gonna get as Jasmine would be almost 2 when the baby had arrived.

We will be as we will have a 2 year old and 1 year old as well. No idea what though yet

hi ya well i am about to but my 3rd double and i will be getting a phil and teds vibe i have has 2 other phil and teds and a maclaren one i have to think about how practical they are as i do not drive and use a lot of public transport i love phil and teds i had a E3 there first with my son and daughter then sold it and found out 2 weeks later i was pregnant:dohh: i then brought the sport and loved that just as much then sold that when my daughter wanted to walk every where so i am now getting the vibe i have been to look at it and i love it as this is last baby i would love a really nice single but like you my little boy is 2 2 weeks before my due date an will need a double for school runs and stuff i know they are quite pricey but for what i need out a buggy the are the best going and are fab cant wait to get it and have a play lol hope this has helped you a bit em xxx

my son was 1yr 9mnts when my daughter was born and we got an aria twin. really lightweight and fits thru standard doorways and an enormous basket. not 2 bad pricewise either.

snap i like this thread i will have a 2 yr old wen this one is born :) double 4 me!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as Josh will only be 18 months when LO arrives.

We did have our hearts set on the iCandy peach blossom but worked out all the attachments we'd need would make it £700 which is A LOT to spend on a buggy... so having a re-think.

We got a Phil & Teds Sport and the double kit came with it. This is our first baby but we took advice from a friend with two who have a P&T and love it - we're out and about in the countryside too which is also why we liked this pram a lot. You get the double kit free if you buy from Babies R Us at the moment (we actually got ours on ebay with loads of extras for less than the RRP for the pram alone so it's def worth keeping an eye on there).

We have the P&T catolog but I still haven't worked out the difference between the different models, to my untrainned eye they all look the same...:blush:

i have the phil and ted sports one its great for just using with one child but really easy to use with 2 aswell also it can be used for 2 toddlers so well worth the money i brought the sleeping bag (like a cosy toes) and its so good especially in this weather keeps him so warm you can also buy the panniers to go on either side you can have lots of room to put shopping in. There is something called a lazy ted which converts the double seat into a baby bouncer for when your away from home it is really good some of the exrtas are raelly clever!!

my son will only be 14 months old when my baby is born, and i was wondering about the phil and ted ones too, but they look like the baby on the bottom would miss out on scenery and stuff, i like side by side ones, like a chicco c5 twin stroller

i like the look of the obaby tandem xi one and the mamas and papas aria

after having the phil and teds the o baby one is no where near as good i think but thats just my opinion not made as well as the p and t from what i have seen. i have had the sport and am now getting the vibe and it is sooo much better the brake is on the handle the hood moves the whole way down so can cover children better and the recline is a lot better there are a few of the diffrences between the sport and the vibe

THere are a fe threads about this the world of double buggy's is not as good as we'd like it to be and they're all so pricey it's a commitment. The aria twin is lovely, I will be getting it when this one is a bit older and Olivia more towards two, but at the point this one arrives Olivia will only be 12 months and I don't want somethign too low and too open for the newborn. I'm not a fan of bill and teds buggies, and I have to say on word of mouth the o'baby ones are rather flimsy. So I guess it's all about how much you will be using it, I will be using mine daily for long periods as we don't drive, but someone who drives may be able to get a smaller cheaper version. I will find my thread I pisted about this and in that one there is another link with a few pages on double buggy advice.

However the end result always seems to be inconclusive. :shrug::dohh::bike:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/240562-tandem-pushchair.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/239201-mums-2-more-double-buggy.html

i need to buy one as well as caleb will only be 15 months! Havent a clue where to start!

omg i was thinking this the other day also my lil boy will be a yr old when this lil one arrives ,i havent got a clue where to start or what to get ,ive looked at a few but nothing that jumps out at me ,however i was down john lewis store other week in cardiff ,seen a double buggy there older baby goes in fron new born in back i put it against my travel system at the time which is great size for my partner car and its exactley same size i i cant remember what it was called but was very cheap 190 i spent more on my travel system i have for my lil boy ,,,,

any other recomendations will be really helpful for me also xxxxxxxx

The buggy issue is driving me crazy. Aaron will be 2 years and 3 months when the new baby is born. We currently have a Jane nomad pro. My mum suggested getting a pram seat to go on top of the carrycot, but the front wheels are already a bit knackered and I'm not sure they'd cope with Aaron's weight as well.

My first plan was to get a Petite Star Kurvi, which I fell in love with due to it being parent-facing and also the ease of converting it from lie-flat pram to sitting up. I thought Aaron could walk most of the time, maybe going on a buggy board, and if he got really tired then I'd put the baby in a sling and pop him in the buggy.

https://www.petitestarproducts.com/productdetail.cfm?ProductID=184

I'm now realising that I will actually need a double, as recently he's not walking as far as before and getting more tired. Problem is I'm rather fussy. I would prefer the baby to be facing me at first, but I guess that's not going to happen. :( I don't want a side-by-side double as I have enough difficulties getting our current pushchair around some shops in town. I really dislike the baby being so low down and tucked away in the P&T, so that's out too. And to make the problem even worse, we may now be moving house in the next month, in which case I would have a flight of stairs to haul the buggy up and down every day! Aargghhh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->