Will baby latch back on??

Tiger22

Reaction score
I have to have heart surgery and won't be able to breastfeed my baby for at least a week -to 3 weeks! I will have to pump and dump bc of the Meds I will be on...do you think she will latch on after all this? She is 7 months now and will be almost 8 months when I have the surgery.
I am hoping to continue breastfeeding her I am just worried she will get use to the bottles and not latch back on.

If you want her to go back to nursing later, it might help not to use bottles -- maybe cups instead. I think it's impossible to know whether she will or not but I definitely think it is possible that she will :) a LC told me that my son might latch 4 months after he stopped nursing of his own volition. If that's possible then you should be fine after 1-3 weeks if she is motivated.

I have given my little man bottles for a week before and he latched on again fine afterwards. He is younger too.

Good luck for your surgery xx

I've used bottles of expressed milk then boob also from day one! then had to use a nipple shields for about a month and she latched back on easy! Good luck hun xx

Maybe introduce the bottle now! Also could u express and store milk now so she stil has the taste of ur milk? As my little one defo favours breast milk over formula! And use a younger baby teat so they stil have to work to get the milk out rather than have a fast flow teat as that tends to be why baby's favour bottles! My little girls 6 month and if she has a bottle formula or breast milk she has a newborn teat stil xx

Thanks! Yes I am going to try giving her 1 bottle a day up starting now so she is comfortable with both...and I'm just really hoping I'm not on too many Meds so I can feed her sooner! Really hoping this works! If not, at least I can give her expressed milk in a bottle...

At 7 months you could try a sippy or even a cup. Or even a straw cup.

My LO is transitioning from a bottle to an almost open cup (a cup with a travel cup style lid). He's doing quite well with the cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->