Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

E screams when I put him into his car seat but once the car gets moving he goes quiet. Often asleep by time we get to our destination.

D doesn't like it much either. Though he will at times seem like everything is just fine. Then other times he will have a complete meltdown and be gulping and gagging and almost puking for a five minute drive. :dohh:

Yeah, the gulping and gagging is the worst! I think it is the position the car seat puts them in--not good for little tummies, or for reflux. We are going to DH's family's lake house for the day today. I hope Frankie does okay. They are building a house there currently but right now they just have a little dock with a boat house. I hope it will go okay. There's no place comfortable to nurse so I'll have to wing it. (I hate nursing anywhere but my chair or bed! I don't know if it's my build or the fact that Frankie's still relatively small, but I need multiple pillows to get comfy.)

I love going to the lake. I hope F loves being outdoors and you have a more relaxing day.

I hear you about the comfy spot to nurse. I tried to do it on our picnic on the blanket without a bench or seat around and I was so uncomfortable and laying in the grass on the blanket was as well. D didn't nurse well either at the time. Though I find the van not a bad place as I can lean the seat back and just cuddle him.

D has just figured out he can make raspberry sounds. OMG I just about fell off the couch when I heard it. So darn cute! He has also started to master grabbing on to his toys and bringing them to his mouth. I now need to go to the storage until and get the baby toys I put away. :thumbup:

Q is good with the car, carseat & nursing anywhere. I however don't like nursing outside of the home. Its the wriggling with clothes, finding a bench or quiet space & hoping F can manage 3 bloody minutes on his own... of course he'll get stuck somewhere on the playground, he'll fall on his knees or he'll tell me he needs a peepee just when Q latched on. He's almost 4 and he does NOT STOP TALKING... that's really exhausting more than interrupted sleep.

We're still doing the 3 hour thingie. It's okay. I wake him as I go to bed fr a feed. That way I hope to get a full 3 hrs ... Q doesn't mind being woken. Last two days he wakes every 1.5hrs...that kills me. Must be a spurt.

Wow, D is really developing! I remember the raspberry sounds stage from my daughter. Frankie is a little behind where my daughter was at that age--maybe because he's been so uncomfortable for so long that he hasn't spent much time on the play mat wiggling around. He is just starting to have some longer periods of playtime without freaking out, and will bat at toys or kick them but can't grab onto anything yet.

The lake trip went okay. DH brought a foldable rocking chair for me to use, and I brought a boppy, so nursing was fine. But he cried on the way there and the way back, for more than half of each trip. I hate hearing him scream and not being able to do anything about it! The lake in question isn't like the ones in Canada--it is a manmade lake that they created by flooding a river. They created it as a cooling reservoir for a power plant. But it is stocked with fish and lots of people have boats and jet skis on it, and it is still nice to sit and watch the water.

Every 1.5 hours is brutal, Q!

P; glad your lake trip panned out well. Very nice of yr DH to think of you. Does F take a soother?

A bit of topic, but are any of you doing pelvic excersises? I'm leaking now & then. It doesn't seem to get better and I think I need some advice.

X

Quick thought... shall we get a closed fb group fr us together. I can imagine they might kick us if the April 2016 group some day...

A closed FB group is a great idea. I'm not sure P is on FB though... Maybe time we twisted her arm to join ;)

How you coping Q with the more regular feeding? Hope it's not wearing you down too much.

Sounds like all our babies are developing nicely. I wouldn't worry about Frankie being behind where his DS was at the same stage. They say boys are often a bit behind the girls. He'll come on in his own time.

I've been lent a sling (sleepy wrap) and got my head around how to put it on. Will give it a go as E does like to be held so should free me up to doing things.

F will take a soother, but in the car he often spits it out and I can't reach from my seat to put it back in! When it was just DD I would sometimes sit in the back seat so I could calm her down, but now with 2 kids it's not an option.

F still spends a lot of time in the carrier. Yesterday he napped for over 2 hours in one at the pool while DD and DH swam. He goes to sleep almost instantly in it. I find it a lot quicker than rocking him and patting him to sleep in his bassinet.

I'm on FB--who should I pm with my info?

Oh, and about the exercises... lol. Not one of the fun side effects of pregnancy. I haven't noticed it much yet but before I was pregnant with Frankie I took PJ to a trampoline place and noticed major leakage. They even had a sign in the women's bathroom saying you could request a "comfort kit" at the front desk which was basically a depends pad, so I guess it is a common problem.

My cousin actually is a PT who specializes in recovery from childbirth and pelvic floor stuff. She has some online videos and DVDs with her approach to strengthening the pelvic floor. https://www.juliewiebept.com/ She showed me some stuff once a few years ago (well, actually, she was showing my sister who had given birth) but basically she thinks just doing Kegels isn't enough; you should activate the whole pelvic floor and core in order to strengthen everything and avoid leaking.

I keep thinking I will get back in shape now that we've completed our family, but it is so hard to fit it in still! There's a mom's group that meets up in my neighborhood a couple of times a week. They work out at a local park and it is free, and you bring your kids and they play while the moms work out. But I'm not sure how I'd work that with Frankie as he wouldn't be happy hanging out alone in his stroller while I worked out. I need a babywearing fitness class.

This is honestly the first time the leaking has been a major problem for me. It has always been able to stay away after a months. This time it seems I leak every time I sneeze or cough or jump or move too fast, even laugh too hard if my bladder isn't completely empty. I am working on my kegels when I remember (not as often as I should I am sure :blush:). I will however check out that video P posted. I have heard about the physical therapy for the pelvic floor muscles but it is quiet expensive here unless you have the right extra insurance.

As for the FB group if we are all friends we can just do a group messenger chat and it is better than making posts. I have done this with another group of momma's from here. I like it better than the group. It is up to all of you. You can add me Sacha Claude. D is my profile pic.

OH my ladies D actually rolled over yesterday. From his back to stomach. He was in a weird mood too yesterday. He needed to be entertained, but didn't like to be entertained either. So weird. :shrug:

I am so frustrated with my weight loss lately. It stubbornly has been hovering around 138-140 for weeks now. I don't want to start lowering my calories too much as I know that can really affect your milk. I guess I just really need to be conscious of what it is I am eating (no two bite brownies that my mother brought for the boys :haha:, or other crap like that.). I am planning on making some quinoa salads this week to try out so I can have something else to eat while camping this summer. If I do the hotdog and hamburger diet my kids will be on it will make me sick. So hopefully it will be enough that I will break this stupid mark and start moving down again. I am planning on walking a lot too. I have been up to 12km (that was a bit much), but doing 6km more daily. Guess I need to pick up some speed.

Go D! He's a clever boy :)

I can't wait till E is able to play interact more. We have laughing and giggles often and that's good fun. He's just starting to interact with the toys on his play mat.

He's been hungry again today. Drinking every two hours. Wonder in if he's having yet another growth spurt. Can't keep up with him.

I've still got my kangaroo pouch as I call it. I'm just 5lbs heavier than I was before falling pregnant but can't seem to shift the wobbly tummy. I went onto YouTube and found a post surgery safe workout. So will try that. I'm back into my old clothes but want my flat tummy back. So much I can't wear as it would just draw attention to it.

D always eats with in 2 hours. Not longer until night time. There are many times that he even eats less than that. He is a cluster feeder before a 2hour nap, or bedtime at night. You just get used to it I think. I have not ever found it hard with how often he eats. Hard part was the pain, and supply, and reflux. :shrug: To be honest I don't ever watch the clock.

With J he would go through growth spurts that he ended up feeding every 30 min for almost a week. That was hard.

Good to know it's quite normal. He used to feed every three hours but recently it's been down to two. The night time feeds have been much further apart though so I can't complain.

I've stopped watching the clock with Frankie too--just feed him whenever he seems hungry. Overall though I think he has started spacing out his feeds a bit.

I'm 5 pounds lighter than my pre-baby weight, but still 7 pounds or so more than the lowest point I reached while nursing DD. I seem to be hungry a lot and can't stop eating! I made some salads this week, too, but still have been snacking like crazy. Oh well. I did go to Costco this week and bought a bunch of fruit and veggies and healthy high protein snacks. I'd LOVE to be at 138 though! That's, like, the lowest weight I've ever been at as an adult, and that's with exercising 7 days a week and following a very restricted diet in my 20s.

Way to go D, rolling over! That's early, isn't it? Frankie was rolling from his back to his side today and then getting stuck and wiggling. I think he's trying to figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->