Will he be alright if born now

AMB1216

Ethan's mommy
Reaction score
So the last few days I've been having a good bit of braxton hicks contractions, most of them not painful a few of them were pretty painful and would go into my hips and back. I have NST two times a week to monitor for contractions and baby's heartbeat because I've got GD.

I had 2 contractions within 10 minutes but I didn't even realize it. They measured my fluid and said it was 15% or something which was perfect. But I've been having contractions still on and off all day. My back has started to hurt a bit now and I'm worried that he might come early. I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and I know the survival rate is high like 95% or something like that but I still want him to bake a little longer.

I assume because they weren't worried about the contractions I had then I shouldn't worry but I can't help it especially since they've continued throughout the day. I'm mainly scared because I've got GD that was just diagnosed and I just took the nutrition class this morning so I haven't really had the chance to get my GD under control. If he was born right now would the GD cause a lot of issues or would he be okay?

No advice with the GD and baby being born. Just wanted to say I too have been having monitoring twice a week for lack of movements, I was there thus morning and I had 4 tightening/contractions in 20 minutes. Had a scan baby was fine in there,but the tightenings have continued through out the day (I've actually lost count how many) with period cramps in my lower stomach and back.
If baby came now I think they would be fine so longs they get the steroids to help the lungs, a few weeks in special care and they will be fighting fit to come home. I hope little one bakes a little longer for you x

Thank you. I wouldn't be as concerned if it wasn't for the GD, I know with the medical technology they have now he'd be fine with the steroid for his lungs and what not. I hate to go in and be like "I'm in labor" then they hook me up and its not as bad as maybe I'm thinking it is. I always feel like they make me out to be a hypochondriac and that it was inconvenient for me to come in because nothings wrong. I wish I had a for sure sign like Really really painful contractions or something, everything is so mild at the moment I feel it could just be normal braxton hicks.

:hugs: No advice but wishing you the best. Could you call your doctor to talk about your contractions first before going in?

Sod what they make think, it's your babies health at risk. If you are concerned then call them or head in. Good luck xx

if you wait for strong contractions it maybe to late stop labour,if its labour an give you steroids.i wouldnt no never had pre term labour or gd. Take care hun.

No experience with gd but my dd was born via emergency csec 32+5 at 3lb 5oz due to me having pre eclamsia they gave ne steroids 2 days before and she had no breathing issues. We were allowed to take her home 17 days later. Xxx that's her in mt profile pic xxx

I've not much advice but just wanted to wish you lots of luck.

I've seen a few ladies on this forum who've had their babies earlier than your gestation and it is surprising how strong our little babies are.

Wishing you all the best xx

Thanks ladies, I just hate feeling like I'm stupid for calling or going in. Unfortunately thats how they've always made me feel when I'd ask. I'm feeling a bit better this morning, no achy back or hips. I do have really bad RL pain right under my bump and so far no BH although I'm sure they will start up again soon. If it gets like it was yesterday I'll go ahead and call. I want whats best for my LO, and I know even just a few more weeks could do wonders!

have they checked your cervix to see if your contractions are causing dilation? I think that would be the best determining factor at this point as to whether you're likely to go into pre-term labor or not. If you're closed up tight, then it's likely you have an Irritable Uterus, but obviously if you're dilating, you should take it easy. I had my baby at 35+0 and he was perfectly fine. However, a friend had her baby at 35+0 as well, same weight, except she had GD, and her baby needed a week stay in the NICU. So I know it can contribute to more problems, especially with lung development and blood sugar regulation, but that said, your baby's risk of any long-term affects would be very low at this point.

Good luck!

Nope they just measured the fluid which was perfect. They didn't even try to check to see if I was dilated. Its annoying, I feel like they should be more active with everything but this is my first baby so it could be normal and me just freaking out/over thinking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->