Will he just learn?

Sovereign

Reaction score
Charlie has been on purees for a while now so yesterday I got him some of those rice cakes by Cow & Gate. He just looks at it though and holds it if I give it him and then drops it. What do I do? Do I just keep giving him one and then he will work out himself that he's supposed to eat it?! x

Seren did the same at first, I kept giving it to her, and eventually it found it's way to her mouth and she'd suck at it :)

That's exactly what you need to do hun! babies learn by playing with food first. Then they eventually put it in their mouths and realsie it tastes good. Before you know it, he'll be devouring it and asking for more!!

Ya, he will learn by playing with things and putting them in his mouth. He is a bit young for finger foods, they dont really start to develope the proper chewing reflex until 7 or 8 months.... I know the baby rice cakes we have here are a bit harder... I started with rusks as they just melt really quick. I started them around 5 months... Then around 6 months I did toast which is a great starter finger food... And at 7 months I started trying other things...

I dont push it that much, she gets frustrated sometimes, other days she eats everything just fine.

yea if you just keep giving him he'll learn eventually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->