Will I always be this hungry?

angel2010

Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc
Reaction score
I am hungry ALL the time. I am starting to think of losing this baby weight, plus some, but I am so hungry and still craving tons of sweets. Will this calm down anytime soon?

Yes it should. At least it did for me. I'm still more hungry than normal, but not like at the beginning and the sweet cravings have reduced a lot. I think it got a lot better around four months.

I'm at 4 months and still super hungry. I trying to loose weight also. It's so hard when you are starving all the time. I eat pretty healthy but I am not loosing yet.

I am out of control!! I eat quite healthy meals but the snacking is ridiculous.... I'm always craving sweet things. I hope it calms down soon!

Thanks ladies, at least I'm not alone.

At 3 months and I am still hungry all the time! But the cravings for sweets have decreased a lot.

Its been almost 3 months for me and I'm still hungry. I lost all my baby weight prob a week postpartum. I was in shock! I gained 27 pounds and with breastfeeding it just dropped off. I'm still not in shape and it's hard for me to lose more. Prepregnancy I thought I was about 15lbs too heavy so I'm working on that. But I still crave sweets and I never did prepregnancy. I eat a ton! I'm just happy my son nurses a bunch. He already doubled his birth weight at 2 months.

I've been feeding for 19 months and I still eat huge portions. It's rather embarrassing. My friends make extra for me :blush:
I am not overweight and weigh the same as pre-pregnancy but I'd find it hard to actually lose weight and I'm worried about weaning.

On the plus side, I've been able to eat tons and tons of cake without having to worry :D

It's very normal.

When you breastfeed a hormone called Prolactin is released which also is responsible for increasing your appetite, it makes sure you eat to have the energy to make milk & provide for baby.

This hormone goes nuts up to about 6mnths then calms, on average. :flower:

Thanks Sue for the info. I sure hope it calms at 6 months.

Petitipas, I don't seem to be gaining, but I still need to lose some to get down to prepregnancy. I am hoping once she isn't nursing all the time and the weather warms that some additional exercise will help.n It is quite embarrassing to eat so much. I feel like my husband thinks I am just a gluttonous pig and eating from boredom.

Yes it will subside, but it may rear it's ugly head every one in a while. For example, Violet is 14 months and I was hungry like that for a little while, recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->