Will i be able to cope?

dreams

My beautiful baby Ffion
Reaction score
I'm 20 and in uni. I still live with my parents. I'm not sure whats happening with me and my bf, i haven't told him and i don't think he'll be there for me as we're having a few problems as it is. I don't know how i'll cope. I don't know how to do this or how to work this out.

Sorry i'm rambling i just needed somewhere to voice my concerns.

I'm 20 and live with my parents; gave birth 2 wks ago. You're an adult so i'm sure you'llfind a way to cope.

It must be tough and I've never been in your situation so I can't even pretend to know what you are going through.

But, what I will say is that many women throughout the years have coped with or without their OH in bringing up a baby. You can do it.

Having a baby is a life changing event, there's no doubt about it. :hug:

Im sure you'll be able to cope.
Even if your boyfriend isnt going to be there for you, That doesnt matter atall. Me and Bf were having alot of problems and arguements anyway and split up a couple of weeks ago, The stress of finding out we are going to have a baby seemed to be the final straw and we both need time apart to think about the future and things.
If your parents are anything like mine, Then they'll come around to the idea and support you 100%, You are carrying their grandchild remember.
And as for Uni, You can carry on going there untill you physicaly cant any more, Or theres the option of getting a full time job instead so you have some money coming in.
How far gone are you?
X

Hi,I'm 19 and gave birth to my daughter 2 weeks ago.

When I found out I was pregnant,I too was scared of not being able to cope with a baby.
I'm in university also and a single mom.

But whats most important here is taking one day at the time.Tell your parents,make sure you have their support in this and your boyfriend.I don't know much about your relationship and a baby definitely causes stress on even the strongest of couples but he needs to know and you need to know whether you can count on him even in the case of a breakup.
My daughters dad and I aren't together but he is there for both me and her,taking responsibility.
As much of a joy having a baby is,it's also unbeliveably hard and you seem like a responsible enough girl to know this and thats why I don't have much doubt that you will be able to cope.
There are a lot of girls on this forum in the same situation as you are,20,living with their parents and in university and they are currently 'enjoying' :lol: in their first few wees of motherhood or last weeks of pregnancy...
You can go and browse though the single parents section and read their stories...

Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy :hugs:

:hug:
just wanted to say i was only 15yrs old wen i had my 1st child holly and i was worried that i woulnt b able to cope but as soon as she was born everything fell into place im not saying its easy but if u got support from other people it makes it that bit easier
hope everything works out for u :hugs:

hugs, im 20 and although i dont live with my parents i still question my ability to cope with pregnancy/birth and beyond, its human nature to cope and deal with situations as and when they are thrown at us. you never know you might surprise yourself have a little faith.
you will always have people here to talk to :) take care

thanks for all your lovely replies. I just need to pluck up the courage to tell my parents now lol

:) Once you've done it you'll feel like such a huge weight has lifted!
Good luck X

its better to tell them sooner than later, you never know they might surprise you with their reaction. you are 20 your a young adult at the end of the day, good luck

Hey i'm also 20 and i have nooo idea how hard its going to be but i'm soo exited to find out :lol: Its hard esp at the begining when you're going through tons of emotions. Maybe thats why pregnancy is so long gives you enough time to get your head around everything ha ha!! The best thing to do is tell your parents and go from there..
Good Luck!! :hugs:

I was 17 when I found out I was pregnant and obviously the same thoughts ran through my mind, and now my little boy is not long off 8 months and yeah it can be tough at times and theres times where me and my partner struggle, but we work hard to try keep things together.

What I wanna say is that it may seem far from possible but it really is. And seeing your LO smiling up at you makes it all worth while xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"