will I be waiting forever!?

hopeandpray

Reaction score
i have very luckily earned myself a place in university studying medicine next year (had to postpone for medical reasons). I am in a very stable longterm relationship with my OH. it has been my dream to be a doctor for as long as i can remember but it comes second to my dream of being a mother. I feel that if i accept the place i'll never have time to start a family! any advice?

If I were you I would take the offer. Yes, the degree will take a few years etc, but it would be so worthwhile and there is always time afterwards to have kids, women in their 40's now are having babies. If your instinct is telling you to say no then say no but it is an amazing opportunity and you might regret it later...
Hope you come to a decison :)
xx

Hey :hugs:
I can see how it's a difficult position, but I'd say take the offer - you have so many childbearing years ahead of you, and once this is done you can looking forward to becoming a mummy :flower: and not regret taking the chance or have to spend less time with your kids because you're training after you have them... But it's different for everyone, so whatever you truly feel is best... good luck :hugs:
xxx

aww I can't really make the decision for you, but maybe you could write a list of pros and cons to going for it/waiting and see what you can come up with. It might help you think of alternative ways around it and stuff.

Hope you manage to work something out :) x

My #1 dream is to be a mother too! :cloud9:

That being said, I think it would be much easier to finish your degree and fulfill dream #2 by becoming an MD then to stop your career progress and have a baby . . . you may never return to school and get your degree if you start having children.

You deserve to live with no regrets, so ultimately you must make the decision that you will be able to live with- HAPPILY- for the rest of your days.

Keep us posted! :flower:

Not an easy decision hun, i hope it all works out for you. I second what everyone else has said. Good luck :hugs:

I was in a similar position to you. Having a baby is so important to me, but I also wanted to train to be a midwife. Now just over 3 years on I am a qualified midwife and in a position where we are ttc. As tough as it is to wait it is so worth it and I'm so glad I did!

Hope it helps a bit x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->