Will I get statutory maternity pay?

Newlywed2012

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have just decided to start TTC earlier than August but it is all depending on SMP. Can anyone spread any light on the matter. Firstly, I started at my new job on February 2013. So I have been there less than six months. And if I do receive SMP is this a legal requirement?? Does every company have to offer it?

Hoping that it all turns out good which I think it does as then we can start trying straight away. Thanks in advance.

Yes you will, its not based on how long you have been there before you get pregnant, its based on how long you have been there prior to giving 15 weeks notice. So I think it would work out that you would have needed to be there around 10 months prior to having your baby...I think thats right anyway...my maths leaves alot to be desired!!! lol

So if you have been there since Feb and fell pregnant right now you will have been at your job 14 months by the time you have your baby, but would be more likely as you might not fall pregnant right this second! lol.

I hope I've got that all right, been a while since I've had to think about SMP! :)

***Sorry I didn't add you have to be there 6 months prior to giving 15 weeks notice.***

if you are in the uk you will. you have to have been in the job 26 weeks by the time you take smp and mustn't be pregnant when starting (i think) so you will be fine :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->