Will I have to give her formula?

Mc12eb

Reaction score
I will start going to class when she is around six weeks. I pump now but only get an ounce, one time I got 2 ozs but that was once. Will i have to give her formula the first day and then pump while I'm at school. I have no idea how to actually start pumping...

Pump a couple times a day between feeds, and freeze what you get. Even 1 or 2 oz a day will get you enough saved to feed your baby the first day, them pump while you are gone or the next day. A baby normally will be fine with 1-1.5 oz of breast milk per hour you are away. So if you are gone four hours, you would Only need 4-6 oz on average. And a breastfed baby normally only takes 3-4 oz per bottle at most.

How often/how long do you pump? breast feed? How old is your baby now? I've been pumping for 11 months and, in the beginning, I had to either pump or bf at least 8 and usually ten times a day. I just got in the habit of doing it and stuck to it but it is hard. As pp said, pump in btw feeds as often as you can. Milk production is supply and demand in addition to hormones, so the more u pump the more u should produce. Doing this until your classes begin should help build your supply so you can store some for use while you are away. Good luck!

I went back to work when my first was 12 wks old. I started when she was about 8-10 wks old, she would go to bed at about 7 pm and slept through. I would pump at 10:00 ish, and saved those ounces and started my freezer stash. My body thought it was an additional feed.
Not sure what time your baby goes down at night or how long they sleep for right now, but maybe pump a few hours after they go to bed to get that initial few bottles before you start pumping while you're gone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->