Will I have to have my baby early due to static growth?

B

Belle25

Hi ladies,
I am 28+5 weeks pregnant and I am having to be referred to hospital for an ultrasound to check for static growth. Very upset and worried, and don;t feel much better for talking to my friend who told me they may have to deliver baby early if baby has stopped growing.
Anyone had to deliver early because of this?
I am so worried what would happen if baby is born so early.
xx

My baby stopped growing (everywhere but his head) at 30 weeks due to a bad placenta, pre-eclampsia, etc. They took him at 33 weeks and he was small for his gestation at 3 lbs 10 oz but otherwise healthy. I was able to get one shot of the steroids for his lungs.

Every baby is different though. Ask about getting the steroid shots if they mention delivering early.

Thanks. I am concerned as my appointment isn't for days hope baby is ok by then :-(
xx

Monitor kicks and if you notice decreased movement go straight to the hospital.

As ermm said keep an eye on kicks and go t ht hospital if anything at all feels different. I'm sure they aren't too worried or they would have got you in straight away. ave you been referred because of bump measurements? Or were you having scans to check anyway?

My little girl was born at 27 weeks, like many others on here. Seems to be the magic number lol. She's just fine x

Baby seems to be kicking ok-poor thing doesn;t go more than 5 minutes without a prod :-(
I am noticing a heck a lot of hiccups though-could that be an indication if anything?

I am being referred due to no fundal height change. Hoping its all ok.
My bump seems small when I look at it too-over analysing I think though as worried.
xx

Honestly hun bump measurements are so inaccurate and normally you dont get reffered unless is 3 weeks out because of this reason. It can be affected by somethingas simple as how bubs is lying. DOnt panic too much yet the chances are everything is absolutely fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->