Will I miscarry? Low HCG!

whosthebaby

Reaction score
Hi all,
I went to the hospital today with a dull throbbing ache, I am supposed to be 5weeks+5 days but they can't see anything in my uterus and my HCG levels are 806... I have to go back on Friday morning for another test.

Does this mean I will for sure miscarry? Has anyone else had similar levels?

Please help!!!

I cramped and had aching my entire first pregnancy with my son. Also, the hcg number is within the normal range for 5 weeks...it's more about the trend. As long as it doubles over 48 hrs then it's ok. Don't worry about that one number. It doesn't mean very much on its own. Good luck!

Thank you for your words, it really helps calm me when I see people posting on how they were "low" as well and how they progressed ... I will update Friday with news.
My doctor said I was very low and should be over 2000! Ughhh!

Also, some people start low and catch up with their hcg. Maybe you ovulated later than they think and you're actually less than 5w5d? That's a possibility, too. There are so many reasons this could be happening. I know it's hard to stay calm, but do your best and just keep reminding yourself that right now, you are pregnant. I'm 6 weeks myself and spotting a tiny bit of brown (which I logically know can be normal but it still worries me) so I try to keep reminding myself of this pretty much constantly. Take things as they come. Good luck!

What rcp925 said. Try not to worry about the number itself.

Keep us posted xx

Fingers and toes are crossed for you rcp925.. Will update Friday evening! X

I HATE betas! The range of normal is so incredibly vast... I opted out of HCG testing this time around because it only causes anxiety. What will be will be, regardless of the numbers.

Hopefully this works! It's a chart of hcg levels by week.
https://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y427/mammallamadingdong/hCG_levels_zpsbc3811ba.jpg

Hi all,
I went to the hospital today with a dull throbbing ache, I am supposed to be 5weeks+5 days but they can't see anything in my uterus and my HCG levels are 806... I have to go back on Friday morning for another test.

Does this mean I will for sure miscarry? Has anyone else had similar levels?

Please help!!!

Is your due date based on LMP? You could have ovulated later and implantation could also have happened later, but your hcg is still within range for being less than 6 weeks pregnant. Congrats!

When I was 5 weeks pregnant my hcg level was only 32, two das later it was 59... and 2 weeks later I'm still pregnant and have now seen little baby and heard a heartbeat on the scan... so your number is WAY higher than mine was. Don't lose hope. Turns out I had ovulated a week later than I thought. :)

What happened, if you don't mind updating? Mine were crazy...54, then 55, then 85, then 235, then 589, then 1498!! We saw a fetal pole at my last scan. Tomorrow we hope to hear the heartbeat. so don't lose hope!! Things can vary from the norm and still be ok.

Hi ladies,

Thank you all for your reassurances!
I have some good news! Today my hcg was 4000, which the doctors say is great and they don't want to retest.
I had another trans vaginal us and we saw the gestational sac (most beautiful sac I've ever seen haha!) however no yolk, we are not worried though as the doctor believe we will see everything in 2 weeks time and that its just too early .. She was lovely and very calming, I finally feel somewhat relaxed! Baby books are on order and I am desperately trying to stop myself from buying some cute little baby grows..

Hope you are all having a good day! :) xxx

Hi Simonecah,

Wow those numbers are crazy! How far along are you now?
Hope you can hear that heartbeat tomorrow, I can't wait to be able to experience that. :)

Hi ladies,

Thank you all for your reassurances!
I have some good news! Today my hcg was 4000, which the doctors say is great and they don't want to retest.
I had another trans vaginal us and we saw the gestational sac (most beautiful sac I've ever seen haha!) however no yolk, we are not worried though as the doctor believe we will see everything in 2 weeks time and that its just too early .. She was lovely and very calming, I finally feel somewhat relaxed! Baby books are on order and I am desperately trying to stop myself from buying some cute little baby grows..

Hope you are all having a good day! :) xxx

Great update! Congrats! :yipee:

Beta today was 5178!!! Saw heartbeat yesterday...was 132! Baby itself was .59 cm. I am so happy!!!! Fingers crossed for all of our miracle babies!!

Simonecah that's brilliant!
How far along are you?
Praying to see a yolk fetal pole and HB at next scan!
My gestational sac is banana-ish shape, is this normal? Could it have been the angle of the probe when the photo was taken?

When will I stop worrying!!! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->