Will I need a D&C?

Kiki0522

TTC Miracle #1
Reaction score
I started miscarrying late Sunday night.. I have still been bleeding. I just got my results back from my blood today and hcg is still at 156. They will re-test in 2 days. Has anyone had a number like this and had it drop so that they did not require a d&c? I would have thought it would be lower since I have been bleeding so much. But then again, I don't know much about this. This was my first ever bfp and now my first MC.. :cry:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :flower:

So sorry for your loss!! I also miscarried my first pregnancy..I think the D&C depends on how far along you were?? Not sure thats my guess though, and if your levels are still dropping then thats a good sign..

So sorry for your loss!! I also miscarried my first pregnancy..I think the D&C depends on how far along you were?? Not sure thats my guess though, and if your levels are still dropping then thats a good sign..

i agree. just been thru the same experience. dont give up hun!:hugs:

The day i M/c my levels were over 9000 with in 3 days they had dropped to 300, then i went back for more blood a week later and they were at 0.

if your levels are dropping normally then you shouldn't need a D&C.

Hi Kiki sorry for your loss :kiss: i had a ercp 3wks tomorrow and ive only just today got my BFN think its different for everyone how long it takes x

Thank you for your advice and support Ladies! It's greatly appreciated!

Navy- I thought that too but my doctor said that's not always the case.

Freakles- Thank you for your input! I hope the level will have dropped a lot by Thursday!

Thanks again. I am so very sorry for all of your losses too. :hugs:

hey, i had a mmc on 15th nov at 11 weeks, then had a d&c on the 19th after beginning natural mmc on the 17th. not all of the sac was passed when i saw my consultant on the 18th, there was about 3cm of the sac left but he recommended d&c (especially becuase at that stage i knew how painful natural mmc is) and booked me in for an emergency od&c on the 19th. it was also my first bfp and first mmc :( i was really scared about the d&c, but u dont feel a thing and there wasnt much pain afterwards. if u can get it, i definitely would - going naturally is very painful, emotionally and physically... i dont want to scare u, but i would have liked to have known what i was in for, i didnt know what to expect with natural mmc - it was awful. and with the d&c, ur body can get back to normal quicker - u dont know when natural mmc will occur, it could be weeks after ur diagnosed mmc... i got my first af 31 days after d&c. plus supposedly ur more fertile after a d&c!!! im so sorry for ur loss, hope ur doing ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->