• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will I need another?

LiamsWife

1 Princess,1 Bump,2Angels
Reaction score
I had a EMCS with my daughter at 40+1 with my daughter, I was induced due to Pre-E, but labour failed to progress past 2CM after 36 hours and my daughter got into distress. There will be 15 months between Daughter and bump, will I need another section?

You can fully attempt a vbac, only for certain situations they would make you have another. Failure to progress is not one, I had that and they were going to let me do a vbac but I never went into labor so I ended up with one anyway. As long as its a bikini cut and you and baby are safe you should be able to attempt it

My first was section. My second I pushed out. It depends. If they think theres a problem or the babys distressed then yeh they will rush u in other wise no u can push it out. My mom said when I was in labour- not to posh to push then lmfao cheeky cow. X

I think you can do a VBAC. They are more likely to willingly allow a woman a VBAC attempt after 1 section. As long as transverse cut then they should allow it. Also have you talked to your OB about it?

I haven't seen my consultant yet, just my booking in Midwife.

My problem is, after how my 'labour' went, the rush and panic, and also being next to a woman on the post natal ward who ruptured during a vbac, she was stil poorly weeks later. Vbac kinda scares the hell out of me, I think I'd prefer another section x

I just had my vbac. I think the risk of rupturing is like 1 in 200. I loved having a vbac. Last time I was fully dilated and pushed for an hour by my 9 pounder got distressed, so emcs it was.

As long as you can avoid induction, your risk of rupture is slim. Induction increases the risk.

Hi liamswife, I am in exactly the same position as you, and our birth stories sound very similar. There will be 15 months between Emilia (similar name to your dd too I notice lol!) and little pumpkin and I'm unsure what's best. I always said i wanted to try vbac but this pregnancy was a bit of an early surprise so I'm not sure if it's too risky with less than 18 month gap or if that's just a rumour.

I think that once we discuss it with consultants it might give us both a better idea of what's best but they won't force you to do either, it's your choice. Personally for me I do not want to be induced, if I decide to try for vbac it will be if I naturally go to labour otherwise I want a ELCS at 41 + weeks. And if there's an issue like last time with my bp that means baby coming early I'll go straight for an ELCS.

The panic and rush in the Labour room scared the hell out of me, one minute I was 2CM dialated, no contractions, and literally 15 mins after the doc walked in to check me Emelia was born. So was pretty rushed....

I heard that about the 18 months gap too... If got my 12 week scan on the 25th so maybe the midwife can give me a few answers then.

Xxx

Yeah I found it all quite scary, I was in labour for 15 hours beforehand but then all of a sudden it went crazy mad rush, the colour drained from my df's face bless him he looked petrified! And half an hour later Emilia was out, that's what I hated. And I don't know if I want to risk that happening again so an ELCS would avoid that. But saying that I'm convinced that Emilia got stuck coz of brow presentation due to be induced earlier than she's ready so if I go into labour naturally it might go better. Let me know what your MW says coz I have heard that even smaller gaps than ours are being encouraged to vbac now in the uk as long as the rest of the pregnancy is considered low risk.

Oh and I've heard that if you develop pre-e later in pregnancy there's less chance of getting it next time (apparently) so hopefully that won't be an issue for either of us too!

My midwife at booking in said the same about Pre Eclampsia.

Afterwards too was a big factor for me, I got induced, 36 hours before she was born, so because of the combination of no sleep and all the drugs they pumped me full of, after Emelia was born, I was that put of it, I didn't hold her properly for 3 hours, see her first feed, get her dressed, I just want a more relaxed birth this time, even if that means a ELCS
Xx

Yeah I deffo get that, they numbed me too much so I couldn't move my left arm either so I didn't get to hold her for about 6 hours, then I ended up feeling sick too so couldn't look after her properly on my own. Lots of things to think about I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->