• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will it be my choice?

Desi's_lost

baby girl,boy and me
Reaction score
I had a section with my first pregnancy because of a baby who couldn't make up her mind which way she wanted to be. This time I assume the choice will be mine but my mom thinks that they will push me for a VBAC.
Anyone have experience on the subject? I know I can ask at the drs but I'm impatient. :haha:

It might depend on the doctor. I just had my six week check up after my emergency c section and asked if I would just get a scheduled one if I had another baby. I had to get one this time because my baby got stuck on my tailbone. I assumed I'd have to keep getting them since that isn't going to get better, but she said I could try for a vbac if I wanted but she herself would opt for another section. It also depends on how many children you want, they don't want to keep opening up a weak spot.

I'm wondering the same, I think we do have choice, but not sure who inch pressure will be put on us either way, I am not confident in my hospitals ability to notice another cord issue so I'd rather go for a section, and I'm willing to fight for it.

I know it's considered selfish by some, but I would really prefer another section. It was comfortable. I know what to expect. I would more than likely need an epidural regardless so it's not as though baby isn't liable to be exposed to drugs either way. I'm just really comfortable with another section vs a VBAC. But I am a little concerned since my mom piped up that they may say I'm young and capable and they don't want to offer me another section :(.

I think it depends on the Doctor. My sister wanted another c-section but her Doctor told her if her labor started naturally and before the scheduled c-section, he wanted her to try for a VBAC instead (which ended up happening!).

Hey hun,

Don't feel selfish,its how you feel safer and I believe you have to go with you're heart.
I had a planned section with my first as he was breech and growth had stopped.I am now 37 weeks with my second and am booked in for a repeat section in 2 weeks time.
I was dreading the discussion with consultant about how I would give birth but they never tried to push me one way or the other.They just gave me all the info on both section and vbac and left it up to me.
I have my reasons for my choice and don't care what people might think...
I have heard different hospitals can have preferances but at the end of the day it is your choice.

Hope this reassures you a little...

X

Some doctors try and push for a vbac if they think your body can manage it.
my first was a emcs and I am kinda hoping for another section, because my due date is a year since my emcs and because you have a slightly less chance of a successful vaginal birth if you've only ever had a section before.
I see my consultant next week so hoping to find out then.

I'm a good candidate for a VBAC, I had natural with my first, my section was only required as both twins were breech, my incision is transverse, etc.

But we shall see, I'd prefer a section, I had a rare cord issue with one twin which would have killed him if I laboured, I had the other twin with strep b, my first had macorium which I realise is common but still scary when he needed recused, I have a fear of going over due and losing the baby as I've had a few friends who that happened to, and a section gives some ability to plan. Plus I'm considering sterilisation which could be done at the same time. None of my reasons are grounds for section but I'll fight to at least be heard.

I actually enjoy labour, so I have no issue if I went into labour early, but my scan was horrible the tech just kept sharing how this and that are impossible to spot, we have history's of heart defects etc in the family too and I just wanted a bit of information about when to spot these things, but she basically said they wouldn't see it, especially the cord issue. I asked them to mark my folder with strep b and they said no, they don't so that here, and I'm thinking, imagine I go into labour and they refuse the anti bs, I was lucky to have one child come through it, two would be tempting fate too much.

I'm due to be booked in to see a consultant in regards to having an elective c-section, and I feel like I really want to push (pun not intended) to have one.

With my first I had an emergency c-section (after forceps did not work), and when I was having my second child the consultant advised that it wouldn't be a problem to have a VBAC so the decision was that I didn't need to have a c-section and we would let things happen naturally, which I was fine with. When the time came however, I ended up having a forceps assisted delivery...which could have resulted in having another c-section.

So, I'm really wanting to go with having a c-section this time, as I feel it's best for baby and for me. It will be interesting to see what the consultant say's when I'm booked in to see them in a few weeks time, as they will go through my previous notes with me again.

I do know the implications of a c-section (having gone through it before), but more importantly surely my decision has to be final? I do feel strongly about this, but I don't know how much heed they do take, since they managed to convince me last time to have a VBAC.

I will be interested to see what they say with you, and whether they are happy to go with your final choice on the matter, please keep us updated.

Babybichon - I'm in the Uk too, I had a ELCS with my daughter after a failed induction and her being in distress.
They told me today that I make the ultimate decision weather I have another or not, they can just advise xx

I'm in US but was told that its completely my call. Now she did keep hinting at a preference toward natural birth but nothing pushy or rude.

With DS I had sort of a ELCS. I wish I could have had natural but he was lying ociposterior (sp?) and the doctor said although he was facing down his head was facing upwards and they would have had to cut me anyway from vagina to anus to get him out as he was in that bad of a position. I opted for a csection as I thought if I'm going to get cut anyway. As vain as it sounds I also did not want a ugly looking ladypart. With the twins again I had to. Mia was laying transverse; at the bottom but right across my tummy and Leyla was head down but she couldn't get out anyway as her head was on her sisters tummy. When they were delivered my doctor said it was absolutely the right decision as Mia had the cord wrapped around her neck twice and it was quite tight. I didn't feel anything except some tightening and a few pains the last few days before the csec but my doctor said I was in full-blown labour and already 2-3cm dilated! So they would have been born on their scheduled csection date anyway which is nice to have known. They were born at 37+2 on 12-12-12 :)

I had very easy great experiences with both my sections but I really hate the kangaroo pouch it's left me. And I hated not being able to feel my legs for a while afterwards.And I always wonder what it would have been like to experience natural childbirth. If I ever had to fall pregnant again I think I might like to try a VBAC though I'd entirely be happy with another section as was treated well and it was over so quickly and I was up and walking about (with pain meds of course) after an hour!

I had an emergency surgery at 7 months pregnant, got cut open where you would for a c section. Twisted ovary. Then time came to discuss elective c section and natural. I pushed for c section because there was no way I was going to try pushing after having surgery at the end of my 7 month and my doc still tried pushing natural but in the end it was up to me...so I'm sure it's your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->