Will it get worse?

citrusfruit

Reaction score
So I am 6 weeks along and hating this morning sickness. I think I could cope with it physically, if it wasn't for the psychological impact of knowing it is likely to continue for ages and may even possibly get worse.

Those of you who are further along, or who have been pregnant before, did your nausea progress? I'm really worried about being able to hold down my job if I am throwing up, and we really don't want to tell anyone before our 12 week scan.

Anyone, any hope? Or should I just suck it up and get on with it!!:wacko:

It really depends on the person, because of course everyone is a bit different. My best friend is pregnant too, about 7 weeks ahead of me. Her morning sickness hit her at 8 weeks and just let up (she's 20 weeks now). Hers was awful. She threw up almost everything she ate. With mine, it hit me at 9 weeks and it is really hit or miss depending on the day. I usually feel sick in the middle of the night. Sometimes I feel like death (yesterday I had to call into work, there was no way I could go in) but this morning I felt 100% perfectly fine. You'll just have to wait and see! Hope you feel better soon.

I understand about the psychological effects. It's very tiring and even depressing to get through a day of it and, unlike a stomach bug, when you know it will be improving, with this you know it could be here for months.
It's really wearing me down. Mine got worse at around week 9, although it's been bad and I've been on medicine since week 6. With dd is was much much much worse! I think the early medicine helped ward off the worst of it. Don't be afraid to ask for meds/help if you need it.
Hoping I turn the corner soon.

Wow, you ladies are unlucky! Although I can still randomly vomit at any stage during pregnancy, my all day morning sickness starts easing at 9-10 weeks and is pretty much gone by 14 weeks.

I'm only 4 weeks and I already have nausea every day for a good amount of the day. I also have quite a bit of cramping. Since I have these early on please tell me it will get better?

In my first pregnancy I was feeling sick all day, and would throw up in the evening. It started around six weeks and carried on until about 14 weeks, I think. But all the way through my pregnancy oranges or orange juice made me sick! So even once the traditional "morning sickness" has gone, you might still have triggers!

I'm week 17 now and still require IV hydration and mucho medication. Holding out hope for week 20.

I am away for the weekend and was really worried about it because of MS but it has magically disappeared?! It really does seem to go when I am busy doing something else, then returns with a vengeance when I relax and do nothing! Guess I'll just have to keep myself occupied!!

Mine seems to do the same. It randomly disappeared a few days ago. Not concerned because I'm having plenty of other symptoms. Maybe luck will be on your side!

I'm at 20 weeks and I still find myself running to the loo, taking nausea meds and in and out of hospital on IV fluids.
It does come and go, some days will definitely be better than others and you'll find that it will pass several times each day only to come back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->