Will leaving my nappies in the pail hurt them?

bky

:(
Reaction score
We had an earthquake so while we have water/power etc, other areas don't and we are told to conserve water so I wasn't going to do laundry for a few days until we have a better idea of infrastructure damage.
Basically I'm wondering if leaving my nappies in the bucket for a little while will hurt them. I dry pail and have about a half bucket of nappies. They are just in there with baking soda. I did rinse some of the poos out in the sink so there were some wetter ones. I guess a main concern is stink and mould?
How long do you think I could leave them?

Wondering if I ought to just do that laundry load then keep on in disposables for a bit. :wacko:

Not sure what to do on the nappy front but hope you are all ok :hugs: I saw it on the news today.

Oooh, gosh, hope you're ok! When I've had the odd load stay in the nappy bucket for a week or more, I've done a boil wash with biological and they've been perfect, but that was just with the cotton nappies. I would take anything which can't stand a boil wash out and give it a preliminary wash so that it doesn't go manky, then you can wash everything again when you have water and electricity on full.

We've been given the all clear for baths and showers if we have water so I'm doing laundry!
Still can't drink it without boiling but that's not a huge problem really as we have power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->