Will my body ever return to normality

mrs c f

Reaction score
My little girl is 6 months old and I had a great pregnancy and natural birth. But since giving birth to her I've started suffering ocular migraines, I've never had. Migraine until now. I've also had a couple times I've passed blood when having a poop. I know I had mild endometriosis on my bowl before I had Aoife and both times I've bleed has been during my period. I just feel shit! I went to the doctors and she couldn't feel any hemeroids. I also suffer insomnia. My little girl sleeps through but I don't. I wake many times a night and some times it takes ages to get back to sleep. Finally the hair loss. It falls out all the time!
Anyone else plagued with problems since having your babies?
I love my gorgeous girl so much and she's worth every ache and pain but honestly I can not believe how crap I feel.

6 months is still not very long. They take 9 months to grow and longer to recover from lovely. Talk to your GP about the migraines and insomnia. The hair loss will stop eventually. Rest, relax, don't push yourself. :hugs:

Hi. I initially felt great after having my little girl and looked the best I had in years (weight fell off me thanks to bf!) But I then accidentally fell preg again when she was only 7 months old. I lost the baby but since that pregnancy my body has literally gone to sh*t!! It's as if that was just a step too far for my body.

I've had acne for the first time ever (I'm 39). Am still on antibiotics for that :-(. I've been left with carpal tunnel (had this at end of preg with my DD but it went when she was born). I've piled the weight back on. I had an abnormal smear and had to have a colposcopy (thankfully no treatment needed). Plus my general aches and pains (knees, back etc).

So you're not alone in feeling crap :). But mine started when DD was about 7 months (so I blame the later pregnancy).

By the way, I've suffered with ocular migraines but it was in the last 8 weeks or so of pregnancy with DD. Not had one since she was born. I also did have a few slight instances of bleeding on going loo, once when pregnant and a couple of times just after she was born. Nothing since though so I put it down to piles/a tear.

Awe you poor thing. Sorry for your loss.
It really does take it out of you. My doctor did say it can take a year to recover from child birth! I really wasn't expecting to feel poop though! I do have great days but the bad days are bad and I think because I got two oculars in the space of 4 days and the second one I had rectal bleeding too I felt so crap. The oculars really frighten me too. I don't really get pain just the eye auras and slight pain.
Hope you start to feel human again soon x

I have terrible insomnia too. My lo wakes three times a night still and by that last waking she falls back to sleep and I'm left awake. With a baby and breastfeeding I can't take sleeping pills so I'm just exhausted. I had insomnia before her but it's so much worse now. So you're not alone there.

I heard it can take up to a full year before everything goes back to normal or even somewhat normal. I always had migraines but they are worse now than ever before. I have IBS but it's getting worse, too. My stomach muscles have a hard time closing since baby #3. I know how you feel, but things do improve as time goes on. Six months is actually still not very long.

I also suffer from IBS also however this improved since getting pregnant. It dies seem to be creeping back! :(

:hugs: :hugs:

im with u on the insomnia, it sucks. im ALWAYS tired and it seems to be effecting me more and more. this aft i was getting out of the car and i just randomly fell over onto the door. yesterday i tripped up the stairs carrying the carseat :(

it worries me im going to drop lo one of these days or trip/fall with her/on her

ive also had a few migraines pp, never had one before

:hugs:

Let's hope that things settle down sometime in the future soon. I'm very clumsy.
I wonder if men could cope as well as us through the whole pregnancy birth and motherhood. I very much doubt it!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->