Will my nipples ever stop being sore?

Tesh23

Reaction score
Baby latches perfectly, my milk supply is never ending, everything is perfect for breast feeding.

The only thing I am having a really hard time with is constantly sore nipples. They are not cracked or anythin And I have been using nipple Creams. They are just constantly tingling or burning or sore.

Will this get better over time? I have exclusively breastfed for almost 3 Weeks And have suffered extreme engorgement in the first week which I made it thru And continued breast feeding. I am just wondering if I stick out this constant pain if it will eventually go away or get better?

I found the soreness to be pretty intense for the first four weeks or so, and then it started to ease up. By six weeks, it wasn't painful anymore. Hang in there, you are probably through the worst of it.

I know some people say that if feeding is painful something is wrong with the latch, but in my case nothing was wrong at all. It just took a little while for things to settle down.

Thank u for your response it gives me hope!

Yes his latch is great, And there is no pain while he is feeding (just a bit of pain when he first latches then it subsides in a few seconds) there is only pain after throughout the day.

Really want To continue breast feeding And the pain is so intense sometimes I just want To give up sometimes as the thought of feeding him sometimes gives me chills as I am already in pain And I know more pain is To come after 😕

I've been be my lo since birth and every now and again I still use nipple cream if my lo has been feeding a lot as it leaves my nipples a little tender.

Try nursing in different positions, while you might not notice it when it happens a poor position can cause pain afterwards.

But as PP said you are probably through the worst of it! I was sore for several weeks too. Good job keeping on BF \\:D/

Is your nursing bra definately big enough? I ask because Ive just put on some weight and I've noticed when I take my bra off my nipples are ultra sensitive, red and burning. I kept thinking "this is just like those first weeks". I'm not pregnant so I wondered what else might be the cause. I dug out an old bigger bra the other day and no more soreness for me. I remember that when I was first nursing I had two bras and one was slightly smaller than the other and now I wonder whether the small one contributed to it.

Check out Thrush and Vasospasm too to be on the safe side and remember you can take painkillers to stop you dreading the feeds.

Soreness with my first lasted 4 months and with my second about 2 1/2 weeks. It is likely hormones and should balance out.

I think you are in the worst of it. I remember the feeling of "oh god, he is hungry again. Here comes the pain." Just stick with it and you will be so proud of yourself later. I think it took a few months for the pain to really start going away. I have absolutely no problems with pain now... Hasn't even crossed my mind for some time, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You'll get through it! You've got this!

Do you have white nipples when they are painful inbetween feeds? I've developed this, it's called vasospasm, mine are fine when he feeds then suddenly have started being painful inbetween feeds. It's awful!

Do you have white nipples when they are painful inbetween feeds? I've developed this, it's called vasospasm, mine are fine when he feeds then suddenly have started being painful inbetween feeds. It's awful!

Boo yes this is exactly what I have! White nipples after I feed And it's excruciating! I will research this thank u so much!

Ladies thank all of u so much! U have been so helpful And such a motivation that's what I need sometimes just some encouragement To know it will be ok And that I can do it!

Boo yes this is exactly what I have! White nipples after I feed And it's excruciating! I will research this thank u so much!

Ladies thank all of u so much! U have been so helpful And such a motivation that's what I need sometimes just some encouragement To know it will be ok And that I can do it!

https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipple-blanching/
This is great at explaining the possible causes etc.

I remember having soreness with my first for a few weeks. Can't remember when it ended but it definitely did. Second baby soreness only lasted the first week or so x

Tesh it sounds like thrush to me (a yeast infection) so maybe google that and see if you have similar symptoms. Mine really hurt so much as soon as my son latched then after a few minutes it went away, but when he unlatched it burnt and was so sore.

If that's what you have, gentian violet easily got rid of mine, but it is messy. I wasn't 100% convinced I had it, but decided to give gentian violet a try and it worked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->