Will my OB induce me at 39 weeks?

twiggy327

Reaction score
My now 4.5 year old DD was 2 weeks late and I had to be induced. I am now 27 weeks with #2 and reeeally hoping he doesnt want to hang out in there that long. I am wondering how common it is for an OB to consider inducing a week before the due date. My DD is turning 5 on Aug. 20 and im due Aug 15! I have a birthday bash and the first day of kindergarten to prepare for and would love to have DS here by that time. Any personal experiences or advice would be great. Please save the "its dangerous to induce" comments, I dont need or want them. thanks,

I think it really depends on the location/doctor, you would have to ask. Here, for those reasons, absolutely not.

Just go ahead and ask! I was going to ask at one appointment and didn't have to because my doc said he'd "Help me along if I made it to 39 weeks" before I got the chance. Probably not going to accept but I was just wondering. Just ask what their position on 39 week induction is at your next appointment; while I only have experience with my OB I think you have a good chance :) After all, it's considered safe after 39 weeks and an induction means less risk of a middle of the night call to the hospital for the doctor on call :)

Definitely depends on the doctor. I know there are some doctors that are happy to do elective inductions but there are also some that won't do it earlier than 40 weeks unless medically necessary. Good luck!

Depends where you are. I know here they only induce for medically necessary (emergency or big baby due to GD) reasons or if you're 1 week + 1 day overdue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->