Will my pre-pregnancy jeans ever fit again?

Kay_

Reaction score
So before I got pregnant I weighed about 110lbs let’s say (not exactly sure give or take a few). I’m now 36 weeks pregnant and weigh 166lbs as of last week. I can barely fit a leg into my jeans and if I can with some pairs they won’t even go past my hips/thighs at all!! I feel like my legs still look and feel the same as before but obviously they aren’t if my jeans won’t even go past my thighs without ripping. It’s just stressful because before last summer I bought a ton of nice clothes that I can’t get again and it would be so shitty if I have to toss them and get new ones :cry:This is my first pregnancy so I’m not sure what happens with how much weight is lost after giving birth, etc.

I think weight loss after the birth depends on the woman ! Some loose it quicker than others . I lost weight very quick with DD1 but DD2 I thought I carried extra weight for a bit longer !

I wouldn’t be tossing any clothes until a good year after the birth ! I’m sure you will be able to get back into them !

It usually takes around 4 weeks for your uterus to go back to its pre pregnancy weight and position !

It’s shitty when our favourite clothes don’t fit us anymore I went through it at the weekend . My favourite pair of white jeans just wouldn’t button! We WILL get back into them !!!

It is so different for every woman! I gained about 50 lbs. My son is 7 months old and I'm just now able to fit in to my bigger pre pregnancy jeans. I still have about 20 lbs to lose. I have a friend who is fitting into pre pregnancy jeans at 6 weeks. Just remember it took you 9 months to put on the weight so be easy on yourself!

Girl I was a size 6 when I had my first baby and within a few days of having her I snapped back into shape and was back in my clothes!

With my second however.... I shot to a size 12, he's almost 5 and i managed to get back to a size 10 just before i found out i was pregnant with my 3rd hahaha basically took me 5 years to drop one size, and I still have my wobbly mum tum!

You'll be fine!

Piled on the weight with baby 1, had no idea how big I’d gotten (3 stone gain!) after 6 months of thinking it would ‘drop off’ I realised I’d actually gained more!!!! (Living off biscuits during the early baby stage to blame there) and so I joined weight watchers. I lost a stone in a month and 2 1/2 stone by 4 1/2 months. Found it very easy to follow. I think I just needed that accountability and then it did fall off. Even the weeks I felt I cheated I still lost.
I didn’t feel I’d gained as much this time but just this week I’ve started to notice my legs are like tree trunks. Oh well!
Your body will undoubtedly be different but I think with a bit of effort you’ll get back into those old clothes in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->