will progesterone during tww delay BFP?

maureenmarsh

Reaction score
I'm on propesterone ( supporisities ) from 3 dpo till about 14dpo and I was just wondering if progesterone will make harder to pick up hcg and then get later bfp on later dpo? I read alot of posts that seem that people on progesterone are not getting their bfp till 12 to 14dpo, i'm around 10 to 11 dpo and bfn tests, I sooo want to stop the progesterone today so af can come on time but dont want to lose a baby if people on progesterone get later bfp's

Personally i prefer not to risk it and continue on the progesterone until 14dpo....or at least i try to, my period usually breaks through and arrives on 13dpo as normal.

The progesterone will not affect a hpt picking up the hcg and showing a positive.

A FRER hpt should show a BFP by now, but it's not guaranteed so I personally wouldn't risk it by stopping the progesterone early.

Progesterone never delayed my AF, not even by a few hours. So, I would keep up with it.
I got a bfp while on progesterone at 11dpo.

Progesterone does not have an affect on a bfp showing up. As much as it is a pain, I would continue taking the progesterone regardless. With my IUI my af did not show up until 17 dpo because progesterone typically delays af.

Don't stop. Most RE's will suggest you use progesterone till 14DPO test on that day. If negative.. then stop.

Progesterone makes no differnce to a HPT. In a normal 2ww you'd produce progesterone anyway, & it helps the embro implant so I def wouldn't stop it before they tell you to. I got a bfn on 11dpo, then a bfp on the evening of 12dpo, that was with a frer though.

Good luck!

My RE has told me it can delay AF, but makes no diff to a HCG.
Personally I have a problem with spotting and a short Luetal phase unless I take progesterone. My period doesn't come until a 2-3 days after stopping taking progesterone, but that's after 2 chemical PGs - I'm not sure what effect it would have if it had been a BFN. I suspect I'll find out this month (no fertility treatment but I'm taking progesterone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->