Will she be right handed?

S

Serene123

I expected Caitlyn to be left handed as me and her dad are, even though my mum and dad are right handed but yeah. It seems she has found both of her hands and has decided to use her right one to do everything (grab, suck, play etc.) So will she be right handed or will I not know that untill she starts trying to write and stuff?

P.S. Sorry I'm posting so many threads, I wouldn't need to if I could get on when I thought of these things.. :blush:

i dont think it makes a difference what hand u or ur partner use she will just come into her own which she is doing.

my mum is right handed yet my brother is left handed and me and my little sister are ambidextrous.

I think she probably will be if she's using it more now - Sam used to use both when he first found his hands but now if both are free he'll usually grab things with his right hand (and drags himself along the floor using his right arm). You'll probably notice her using it more and more :D x

Until she's about 2, maybe even older, she'll probably swap hands a lot. I'm not sure if it's something that's passed on - I'm left handed, one of my 8 year old twins is, and I'm pretty sure my 2 year old is too. I guess you just need to wait and see until she's a bit older and see which is her dominant hand!

My 12yo daughter is a leftie, and I have no clue where she got it, as everyone that I know (who contributed to her genes) is a rightie :)

As everyone says, baby will switch back and forth a lot, but when she gets older and starts to feed herself, etc. you'll get a sense of which hand she's going to use.

:hug:

Dan is left handed, dont know where it came from all my family and hubby's family are right handed, like everyone else said she will probably swap and use both until about 2-3 then you will know for sure xx

nicole is left handed, no-one else in either family is?!!!

I was wondering this too as everyone in my family is right handed but everyone in OH's is left! She only likes taking a rattle in her left and is always more interested in that hand so Im thinking maybe her left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->