Will this affect my chances?

Gwen77

Reaction score
This may sound like a really silly question, but I have to ask...

This week and next week my hubby and I will be ttc. However, I have a pelvic ultra-sound tomorrow (Wednesday), and a PAP test on Monday (I will be ovulating on Tuesday).

Will these things affect the little swimmers? :spermy:

This ttc month will be especially difficult... With my ultrasounds, exams, AND the in-laws staying with us. Ugh. It's gonna be a tough week :sad1:

The only way it could affect the sperm is if they use a lubricant during the exams. most lubricants are not sperm friendly.

Dont get the pap. The ultrasound will be fine but c all the office and let them know you're TTC and will be ovulating Tuesday so you need to reschedule your pap.

Also if your last few have been normal there is NO need for a pap at all. They'll likely do one when you're pregnant and the new standard is 3 years for a history of normal smears

Yes, they will be using lubricant for my PAP. They always do. Last time I had one was July of this year for the exact same issue I had back then (spotting). Everything was fine back then, and it should be now. I'm not overly concerned about the pelvic ultra-sound tomorrow, just because it's not really in my 'fertile window'. But the PAP is literally the day before I ovulate. Do you think the lubricant will affect it?

I was scheduled to have a pap a week before a scheduled IUI. the DR didn't want to then do the pap because they didn't want to chance introducing me to a pelvic infection... reschedule the pap. You dont want people messing around in your vagina when you're ovulating and TTC. If you're just having a pap for spotting it can be rescheduled for a week later.

Also why would you have a pap for spotting when TTC ? Thats not really something they should be doing a repeat pap for if one 3 months ago was normal (im not being snotty, im really curious :) )

For a pelvic ultrasound they will use a lot of lubricant. Way more than a pap lol. Maybe hold it back a week?

I called my Doc to see what the protocol is... just waiting now for a call back. As for the pelvic ultrasound, it is about 5 days before I ovulate. Do you think the lubricant they use will be out of my system by then?

ah, you should be good to go. Especially if you BD enough

Yes the lubricant should be gone by the time you ovulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->