Will this effect my maternity pay

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
I gave my letter for notice for maternity leave with all my dates on into work back in january only to find out the manager we had at the time didnt do anything with it (hes long gone now) so it was never sent ti head office.
I printed another one and gave it to the new manager along with mt matb1 form about 4 weeks ago and on monday while sitting up in the office I came across it sitting on the side.
They still havnt senrt the letter or my matb1 off and I start maternity in 3 weeks.

Is them messing about with it going to muck my maternity pay up? doesnt it have to be in a certain amount of time before leave?
Im going to talk to the manager next time hes in and make sure he realises thats got to be sent off.
Thankfully the owner of the company and one of the head guys from head office knows im pregnant because they themselfs came down to check on me to make sure I was ok with work after my mc ladt year and they came down to do my risk assesment.
The 2 head guys have been brilliant and gave me their phone number if I have any problems (last manager was got rid of partly because how he treated me when I was first pregnant) so I may give them a call.

hmm, id make it my number one priority to get this sorted!! You dont want to be not getting paid because of someone else not doing their part properly. Is there a HR department or personnel that you can call to check what the deadline to getting the paperwork sorted?

I would call the nicer senior managers and let them know that you have submitted your paperwork (twice) but understand that they might not have received it yet, then they can chase it up themselves.

There is a chance that your manager sent a copy to HO and what you saw were the originals, so perhaps don't assume straight away that they don't have it.

I sent mine in myself!!! My manager said it was fine, it's my job to deal with that kind of thing for the staff so I just took over.
Maybe see if you can ring hr yourself or send it to the 2 guys who did your ra.
Xx

I am the HR dept at my work, so I just bought my matb1 form in, showed my boss & filed it away. I had to tell him all the regs for getting mat leave sorted out etc..

As far as I know you do not need to send your matb1 form away anywhere though, unless you are applying for Maternity Allowance, but then you need to organise that yourself with the government, your work does not do that..

If you work for a big company, with a head office that sorts the payroll then it'll need sending off, mine was sorted the same week, so as long as it posted, you should get confirmation the same week, my company is very efficient with this type of stuff though.. But still chase it, x

hmm, id make it my number one priority to get this sorted!! You dont want to be not getting paid because of someone else not doing their part properly. Is there a HR department or personnel that you can call to check what the deadline to getting the paperwork sorted?

Exactly my thoughts.

Ill have to find out how to contact hr, the company was taken over begining of the year so not sure where it is.
Main one is in south africa but I think the uk branches ho is in netherlands.
I need to know if work is paying maternity pay or not because some weeks I only just border on the hourly limit to qualify and other I am over the hours so not sore if my total is enough hours to get it and if not I need my letter from them to apply for allowance instead.

I gave my letter for notice for maternity leave with all my dates on into work back in january only to find out the manager we had at the time didnt do anything with it (hes long gone now) so it was never sent ti head office.
I printed another one and gave it to the new manager along with mt matb1 form about 4 weeks ago and on monday while sitting up in the office I came across it sitting on the side.
They still havnt senrt the letter or my matb1 off and I start maternity in 3 weeks.

Is them messing about with it going to muck my maternity pay up? doesnt it have to be in a certain amount of time before leave?
Im going to talk to the manager next time hes in and make sure he realises thats got to be sent off.
Thankfully the owner of the company and one of the head guys from head office knows im pregnant because they themselfs came down to check on me to make sure I was ok with work after my mc ladt year and they came down to do my risk assesment.
The 2 head guys have been brilliant and gave me their phone number if I have any problems (last manager was got rid of partly because how he treated me when I was first pregnant) so I may give them a call.

I posted my MATB1 along with a maternity notification letter with due date, intended date to start maternity, planned 39 weeks and a bit more info and sent all that recorded delivery to HR two weeks ago (I was 26 weeks). I think as long as you get it to them asap now you should be ok! :)

xx

I asked him if he had sent it off tonight because it had to be in by a certain time before maternity leave to make sure I get my pay and he just said " errrr ummm" then legged it up to the office and came back a few minutes later and said done, apparently he forgot along with our wages which was why no one got paid yesterday :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->