Will we see a heartbeat?

B

became

I have an early scan next week due to spotting, but I'll only be 6 weeks.. What are the chances that we will see the heartbeat? As I know I'll only worry like mad if we don't see it :(

It's a toss up. They couldn't see the heartbeat yet at my us at 5+4. Sometimes they can see it and sometimes they can't. More than likely of they can't they will reschedule you a week or two later to try to find it.

The baby's heartbeat starts at 'around 6 weeks' so it really is 50/50 as to whether you will see one. I had an early scan and was dated at 6wks 1 day, and I saw a heartbeat. I think I was actually 6+4 or 6+5 though - it's apparently really hard for them to measure accurately at such an early stage because it is millimetres.

Good luck x

I had one with my second baby at what they said was 5+6 and saw one. I think it's completely normal
Not to at that stage tho so don't worry xx

I had a scan at 5w6d, but baby measured 6w2d and saw the heartbeat. GL

It's a toss up. Hopefully you do! Here they don't do viability or dating ultrasound until minimum 8 weeks

It also depends on how certaij your dates are. I had a scan due to bleeding thinking i was 6+4 which only showed a sac measuring 4 weeks. 8 days later baby measured 6+5 and saw a hb. Good luck x

I think I might be a few days further along then I am, if anything. Thanks everyone! X

I keep wondering the same thing, so i feel your pain. Because I was in fertility treatment already, they do early monitoring scans. We have one this Thursday at 6 weeks 2 days and they told me, "we'll probably see it". (no question at all as to how far along I am, as I was being monitored)

I know for both of us, it's totally normal if we don't see it. But I also KNOW (without NO doubt) that I'll worry if we don't see it, no matter how illogical it may be.

I guess that's parenthood.... ;-)

I'll let you know how it goes for me.

I had a scan at 5+6 and didn't see a heartbeat. ob/gyn said baby measured 5+2 then and related this to late implantation.

I had a scan last Friday at 5 weeks 5 days and saw a sac a yolk sac but no heartbeat or baby yet as was told it was too early on so I go back next Monday and hopefully we see something then I'll be 7 weeks exactly! Good luck xx

I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks (though the gestational sac measured 6w6d) and they couldn't see a hb yet so if you go and don't see one, try not to get discouraged. You may still be too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->