Will you be announcing before or after your NT results?

smawfl

Mamma of 2!
Reaction score
We'll be waiting for our 12 week scan, and will be having the NT testing. I think we waited until after we got the results last time, so must have been over 13 weeks.

When will you announce?

Will be announcing to a couple of close friends and rest of family who don't know after 8 week private scan. Everyone else after 12 week scan but we have opted out of NT test x

due to where i live and the fact i dont see anyone often, i am planning on keeping this one a suprise until at least 20wks, and then i will not say how far i am, will reveal 12wk scan pics then :)
but if i wasnt trying to keep a suprise, i also would announce it after the NT results :thumbup:

With both pregnancies, I announced to my family as soon as I could do so in person. The first time it was around 8 weeks. This time around it was around 6ish weeks. I had no scans my first pregnancy and plan for the same this time around unless one is medically indicated.

What does NT stand for?

Never mind I looked it up......

We had told a few people we were close to, but we just did the public announcement at 11 weeks. I had an ultrasound and everything looked good, so odds of miscarriage are about as low as they're gonna get. I don't think I could terminate even if there was an issue with the NT scans, so that particular scan wouldn't make a difference to me, but I wouldn't announce before an ultrasound and a good heartbeat.

Will be announcing to everyone after our 11week scan... we have our NT scan a week later... but were not going to wait till then...

I think we will wait until after the NT test :) I have told some friends already though, and we have told both sets of parents.

We told parents/siblings asap and few random close family/friends. Then after our 8 week scan a few days ago we went ahead and told everyone else and made a FB announcement. I don't know how y'all manage to wait so long!! I've already got a bit of a tummy... all bloat at this point of course, but still!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->