William Matthew...

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
I thought I would post a little birth story in here.

Sun 6th Nov started like any other day...I was 39+2 and feeling a little bit crampy in my back but thought I'd perhaps slept funny....spent the day with the family, went for a walk and to the park, came back home and was still feeling a bit out of sorts, so had a bath which helped a little. By 3pm the 'cramps' had moved round to my tummy and were starting to feel more regular. Even at this stage I was trying to convince myself they weren't contractions :dohh: but it soon became clear they were. They picked up in intensity pretty quickly and were coming every 5-6 minutes. Phoned Labour ward around 4pm and they asked me to go in....so off we went!

Midwife asked if I had, had a show - nope :shrug:.....had my waters gone? Nope again! :shrug: Could see she wasnt very convinced I was in labour. She asked to do an internal on me where she found I was 4cm! :thumbup:

I asked for gas and air and she went off to get the IV antibiotics i needed in labour. Loved the gas and air, got the giggles and asked OH to go and find the sausages? :haha::blush: Midwife couldnt get needle in for antibiotics in so had to get another nurse, by this time I was busy bouncing 0n the birthing ball which really helped with the pain. They eventually got the IV antibiotics in me around 5pm.

At 5.20pm the contractions really peaked and I was asking for pethadine. I heard OH tell midwife that i always ask for pethadine when I'm ready to push (which is true, i only had pethadine with my first baby, but when he said it i wanted to punch him as in my head i REALLY wanted it, lol) so Midwife got me up on bed to examine me. As i was getting up i was feeling the need to push. Midwife was suprised that I was 10cm dilated, I had only been there 50 minutes, the only thing keeping baby in was my waters, she asked if i wanted them breaking and i said yes. She broke them but there was Meconium, I started to panic a little bit. After a couple of pushes babys head (and arm, as he had his hand on his face) came out, which just left the other shoulder and his body...and with the next push, my beautiful baby boy was born at 5.30pm :happydance: weighing 6lb 11. He had the cord round his neck, and due to this and the Meconium he was rushed off after a quick cuddle which seemed a lifetime.

After a few minutes they brought him back, we had a few minutes to ourselves til he had to go to SCBU for antibiotics. OH went with him while I got a shower, then we got moved to Maternity ward. I was really lucky i got my own room again....baby was monitored every 2 hours for any signs of infection, then every 4 hours. On day 3 his cultures all came back negative and we were allowed home :happydance:

He is perfect, I am so in love all over again. Here's some pics of our beautiful baby boy :cloud9:

Attachments

• William 014.jpg
    William 014.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 34
  • William 023.jpg
    William 023.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 36
  • William 048.jpg
    William 048.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Baby Nov 6th 016.jpg
    Baby Nov 6th 016.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 40
  • William 053.jpg
    William 053.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 32
He's absolutely gorgeous! Well done. Congratulations and what a fabulous name!! :hugs:

congratulations huni, he is just adorable x

He is mega cute!! makes me very excited for my baby boy :cloud9: :happydance:
your birth sounds great too.....you sound like you handle it really well :thumbup:
hope I have a birth as good as that xx

What a beautiful boy! Welcome to the world william! Huge congratulations :D

Congratulations, hes gorgeous and shares my birthday:)

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little boy. x

Congratulations - he is just perfect! :D xx

He is just beautiful.

He has Eve's nose :cloud9:

V xxx

congratulations, hes absolutely lovely, glad your labour went well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member