Windchimes, windmills, ornaments etc at Graves

I like it personally. I took Kasper a teady bear and I loved seeing how many toys he had to keep him company and remind his parents he was a precious baby boy. If he'd have lived he'd have been playing with those toys. If buying little trinkets and toys to give to your sleeping baby offers a grieving parent some form of comfort or peace I think it's in poor taste to trivialize it and using language such as 'poundland cemetery' is quite disrespectful :nope:

f. but if they aren't intruding directly on to other graves or paths then i see absolutely no problem. who said graveyards should be left plain? if that is what helps people to remember their loved ones then they should be welcome to do so.

I think the point is that, in this particular cemetery, people are blocking paths and using anything else within the cemetery (space, trees etc) as an extension of 'their' space. That hasn't been made clear in the article (well it IS the Daily Mail LOL) but casting a practised and professional eye over the photographs shown, there are benches of all shapes, sizes and designs everywhere that certainly haven't been placed by the cemetery themselves. My understanding is that it is primarily these items which the council wish to remove rather than mementos left on well kept graves.

Those benches effectively block paths between graves (which is wrong for those whose loved ones are buried close by) and prevent the maintenance staff from keeping the grass down.... which in turn makes the whole area look unkempt (especially in summer when the grass is growing), no matter how nicely people keep their individual grave areas - and that is disrespectful :(

The same with the tree - it looks a mess :nope: Fair enough place a windchime on your loved one's grave, but to look on the whole cemetery and anything in it as 'yours' is surely wrong?

I think if the graves are maintained regularly then i don't see the problem, the problem i would have is the wind chimes i can't stand them, and when i visit my MIL grave, i want to be able to think and remember the times i had with her, rather then listening to wind chimes the entire time im there. When we leave the grave we always walk around as it is so peaceful there and i think thats the point they are trying to make

I think Alex and Alyssa's graves are beautifully decorated.

:flower:

I think that graveyard looks a bit tacky. I agree with taking away all the clutter. However I think that as long as people maintain them, you should still be able to put little personal touches on graves such as teddies and ornaments. As long as you aren't "intruding" onto other people's graves I don't see why that would be a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->