Wine and conceiving?

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
I work as a practice manager and look forward to my weekends and having 2-3 glasses of wine, Friday and Saturday. Did anyone find this amount would prevent conceiving? We have been trying 4 months and only doing supplements so far and preseed.

Hey Hun I really don't think that little bit would hinder anything. I was having a glass every night almost (stressful job) and then having some mixers on the weekend.
You should try using the Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests to time out the baby dancing if you don't already. SO many people - including myself it's worked awesome for! I always thought I ovulated at day 14 but I ovulate much later come to find out which is why we were not conceiving at first. Best of luck :)

Yeah, I am a pretty regular drinker when I am not pregnant...it has never prevented me from conceiving.

:wine: Mmmmm wine! I'm French so it's unnatural for me to go without it. :haha:

I used to have a glass a night with dinner and I don't believe it affects anything. There are so many cultures who drink it on a regular, daily basis and they seem fertile enough! :hugs: Good luck and have a glass for me!

I think it's good for you. Not overindulging but just those couple of glasses relaxes your body enough to conceive.

After miscarrying in Dec I stopped ovulating. Found out my body would try but it just wouldn't go. We gave up trying and decided to wait until my body was ready. Went out for my birthday. Had a good bit to drink with friends and family. I was so relaxed I ovulated that night for the first time in months. And did indeed conceive.

Listen to your intuition. It's not for everyone sure. But be true to yourself and you'll figure it out! Good luck!!

When we first started TTC, I tried not to drink at all. But, as the months went on with no BFP- I decided not to deprive myself when we have no idea if/when it will ever happen.
We finally started to get BFPs (we're pretty good at that part), and I was drinking pretty regularly (mostly just weekends, a glass or two during the week)... we're pretty sure it was low progesterone causing my early losses, and doctor said it couldn't have been anything I was doing that early on. I've always just stopped as soon as I got a BFP!
(had a friend that didn't know she was pregnant until 6+ weeks, and was nervous because she had a crazy night 2 days before going to the doctor- she was told it was still to early to cause damage)

After my mc, I drank quite heavily, at least two or three glasses a night! It was my way of relaxing and trying to forget everything, I got my BFP five weeks later too, first cycle after mc, so stopped the drinking obviously. But I really don't think it effects your chances, make the most of your wine, once you get that bfp you will miss it ;)

I just got my BFP a few days ago and I actually drank more this cycle than I usually do. I was on vacation with family, so it just seemed normal. I never had more than 2 glasses and no more than 1 glass after O, but I did get my BFP.

I was absolutely intoxicated the night that I believe I conceived! ;)

Camping in the woods! I was super relaxed and that probably helped!

Though by no means am I suggesting you drink as much as I did that night....

Love it ladies!!!!!!!!!
As I sip my Merlot, winding down from my 16 hour day with you girls. Feel so much better now!

I cut out wine about a month after starting to try. It was hard for me, because I love my wine too! Less than a month later, we got pregnant. I did not want to make it any harder for us to conceive, so I stopped cold turkey, and asked hubby to cut back on his beer and wine intake as well (he didn't quit totally).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->