Wisdom teeth pain

Pearls18

Reaction score
My wisdom teeth have been coming through for years, I've had X-rays and dentists have never mentioned them, I've got quite a big mouth and there looks like there is plenty if room for them and no mention of them being impacted.

Every few months I would get really bad pain for a couple of days in my left side of my jaw, this hasn't happened for 2 years and looking at them I think they are through. I have been having bad tooth/gum/jaw pain in my right ones for at least 4 days now, I'm using painkillers but as BF trying to limit them. Any advice? When should I seek a dentist? I REALLY hate going to the dentist....

I wouldgo because my wisdoms caused an infection in my jaw and it was absolutely hideous xx

i would go too. had 2 extracted in November and it was years if pain before. they may very able to tell you what's causing it and stop it recurring. hugs x

Can you see the cusp of the tooth coming in? Any swelling in the gums around there? The gum tissue may be infected, something called periocornitis.

Do you grind your teeth? Look at your front teeth, if they are fairly level through the canine, you could be aggravating your jaw through grinding.

Is the tooth partially irrupted? Can you see a flap covering some of the tooth? If so it could be an infection, my wisdom teeth on both my bottom have been growing since 2009 and every few months I get this awful pain where the one side hurts, I struggle eat, swallow, ear hurts and any movement on that side would make me cry! so I went dentist and found out there was an infection from food getting tramped in the flap!

I was on antibiotics and given corsodyl gel which helped so much plus I was on painkillers at the time, I would go into the dentist and they will have a look for you x

Edit: Cookette basically already said what I was saying, dentist said I had pericronitis. My dentist had to stone my top left wisdom tooth as it kept hitting into my already swollen, infected gum on my bottom left wisdom tooth :(

I have the same problem with my partially erupted wisdom tooth. My dentist hasn't said anything but I usually gargle salt water and syringed baby nurofen in the area and honestly it numbed the area.

I dont have any problems with pain that i notice because i already have braces which make me ache but i have 6 wisdom teeth that are all going to be removed at the same time as i have my jaw realignment surgery after baby is born. Id definately advise going to the dentist because right now its likely to be a simple easy consultation where as the longer you wait you could end up causing yourself more pain and more treatment

Agree with others, I would go and get it checked out, and possibly removed if needed. I just had all mine removed last year, and it really wasn't bad at all. I didn't need the prescribed pain medicine after the first 24 hours, regular advil was fine after that. Mine had all cut through, and I had room in my mouth for them from having 4 teeth pulled when I had braces in high school. The problem was, they were coming in so far back in my mouth that it was impossible to clean the backsides of them and they started to decay on the backs. The dentist told me it was no fault of my own, it was literally just not possible to get a brush to the position in my mouth. So they had to come out before it spread to any other teeth. i was pretty scared to get it done, as I had never been under anasthesia before, but it wasn't bad at all.

Just get checked hun, you'll feel better knowing what's causing the pain and what needs to be done to stop it hurting.

Thanks everyone, the pain has subsided so I'm not in a rush but I will call a dentist, random teeth in my mouth are subtlety hurting now? I'm worried they're getting pushed?? Hubby has been away with work a while and is back Friday (YAY!) so I will get an appointment when he can watch the boys!

Thanks everyone, the pain has subsided so I'm not in a rush but I will call a dentist, random teeth in my mouth are subtlety hurting now? I'm worried they're getting pushed?? Hubby has been away with work a while and is back Friday (YAY!) so I will get an appointment when he can watch the boys!

Yay for hubby coming back!

Your teeth are all connected along the same branch of a nerve, its not uncommon for the pain to "transfer." I'd be really curious about you grinding your teeth, as this can give that awful aching feeling. Ask your dentist when you are there :)

Your teeth are all connected along the same branch of a nerve, its not uncommon for the pain to "transfer." I'd be really curious about you grinding your teeth, as this can give that awful aching feeling. Ask your dentist when you are there :)

Oh yes sorry I forgot to add I do grind my teeth in my sleep, I only know because my husband has mentioned it in the past and I've woken with a bit of pain but the dentist said there was no evidence of it so I haven't looked into a mouth guard yet.

It's my top front teeth and canines hurting ATM?!!

Oh yes sorry I forgot to add I do grind my teeth in my sleep, I only know because my husband has mentioned it in the past and I've woken with a bit of pain but the dentist said there was no evidence of it so I haven't looked into a mouth guard yet.

It's my top front teeth and canines hurting ATM?!!

Im not sure where you are at, but a lot of grocery stores (Here in the US, cant lay claims overseas...) have generic mouthguards you can buy in the same aisle as toothrbushes/toothpaste. They are bulkier and not as comfortable as customs, but much cheaper and may at least give you an idea if that relieves your pain.

If you grind/clench (which about 40% of the population does) a NG at night will help alleviate the "ache" sensation during the day. If you try the cheap version and notice relief, it may be worth investing in a specialized one down the line!

Thank you, I'm in the uk I will have a look, I'm amazed I've had time to grind my teeth with the lack if sleep I'm getting ATM lol.

My wisdom teeth never came through, but every now and again I get teething pain! Usually settles within 24 hours, I never go to the dentist with it.

Its actually common to grind MORE when you are over tired. Poor thing, hope you get some relief!

Thank you, I'm in the uk I will have a look, I'm amazed I've had time to grind my teeth with the lack if sleep I'm getting ATM lol.

There gum shields here like what you wear for sports. My dentist told me to get one while my mouth guard was being made only cost a few quid.

Its actually common to grind MORE when you are over tired. Poor thing, hope you get some relief!

yep, my hubby is a teeth grinder too. He only really does it when he is extremely exhausted, like during harvest or planting season. Its so loud it sometimes wakes me up! So I wake him up, tell him he was grinding his teeth, and he'll go get his mouth guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->