Wisdom tooth hell:O(

Bernie

Reaction score
Hi

Ive never posted here before. But since wednesday ive had a load of pain with my top left wisdom tooth.Ive never expierenced anything like it. It really hurts to the point where i find eating food a mission. I have to tear bits of food up and chew on the other side im nearly in tears.The tooth has still not come all the way through. It hurts to swallow feels like left gland is all swollen and hurts in my ear as well as my jaw.I also have ulcers just to top it off. So ive phoned the our of hours doctor who has said sounds like i need a strong pain killer,so up to see the doctor at 1 this afternoon. Ive been taking paracetamol and ibruprofen but no really touching the pain. Is this normal for a wisdom tooth to be this painful? My OH says it can be and will dye down in time. Ive got a dentist appointment on tuesday afternoon as the pain has been getting worse. Has anyone had this problem before? Can the dentist do anything if its not through properly?

Many thanks Bernie:flower:

sounds like an infection to me, I had this when my second eldest was small, it was agony and they gave me antibiotics and strong pain killers. They may look at your wisdom teeth and if they are very impacted (not coming through properly) they may want to remove them in the future though this is quite a major dental surgery. I thought the dentist would want me to have mine out but they are not impacted and I haven't had any infections since so they said no need xx

Thats what was dreading an infection:nope:Did the antibiotics and painlillers help with being able to eat?

I agree with summer rain.. does sound like an infection, one of mine got infected while I was pregnant, it was coming through at a weird angle and i couldn't stand to brush where it was coming through cause it hurt so much, once the infection had been treated though it was fine, Its now through fully and have had no probs since.

xx

Thats what was dreading an infection:nope:Did the antibiotics and painlillers help with being able to eat?

Once they've killed the infection hun, you should be fine, just make sure you keep the area clean. :thumbup:

xx

Thank you both so much for your replies. Ive just got a call from the doctor and has now put me back 2 hours as he has now out on an emergency:dohh: Is warm salty water ok to rinse my mouth out? Im really finding it difficult to open my mouth so am drinking cuppa soups at the mo god i could cry:cry:

yup its fine hun, also i know it might hurt to start with but try brushing the tooth, i found it took the edge off mine sometimes.

xx

Thank you hun. Will give that a try,am so finding it hard to open my mouth at the moment:cry: Thanks for your advice:hugs:

Well after seeing the doctor he said he couldnt see anything. I said it felt like my left gland was swollen and he said it wasnt:shrug: He said i could take co-codamol and if the pain was to get any worse then to ring back. Nothing seems to be touching the pain and the pain does seem to be getting worse. My left gland seems alot more sorer and now i cant seem to sleep coz every time i swallow it hurts like hell. I know my gland is up so there must be an infection. The doctor said this is a thing for the dentist to sort out. So i tried to ring an out of hours dentist got put through to a on call doctor and i said i need to see a dentist. She gave me a number to ring tomorrow morning to make an appointment with a dentist. I dont drive and my partner has now had a few glasses of wine so cant drive anywhere and my 2 girls are in bed so im stuck with this pain:cry: Im still breastfeeding so cant go anywhere with out our 10 month old coz she is still boob dependent im completely stuck. I dont know what to do. If i try and get down to the doctors now it means ringing my MIL up at this time of night to take me to the out of ours again but i might end up with the same out come so might be a complete waste of time. Dont know what to do:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->