• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wish i could make up my mind

bitethebullet

Reaction score
I see the consultant on Monday and I should have made my decision about vbac or section. I had convinced myself that this baby was another breech (she was at 20 weeks) and kind of thought the decision was out of my hands. at my appointment on tues she appears to be head down and 1/5th engaged. I wouldn't want to be induced for a vbac and my consultant will let me go only 1 week over so I worry that I'll go overdue and need a secTion anyway. Or even worse, have an emergency situation and need a section. I never really went into Labour with my first so I have nothing to compare a c section to. Ahh! Wish I could make up my mind.

I feel the same way! I ended up having an emergency section with my dd under general so i do NOT want a birth like that again for anything! I am swaying towards a vbac but feeling pressured by family and friends to go straight for a section. Doc has said that I would never be induced again and only be allowed to go a week over due date. Hmmmmm decisions decisions..... I cant decide either!

It's hard isn't it. My c section was a very positive experience but I could do without the recovery time given that I have a toddler who always wants picked up. I've had friends who have straight forward deliveries and others who still haven't completely recovered. One with forceps said she couldn't sit down for 6 weeks without pain. When I last saw the consultant he didn't try and influence me either way and I appreciate that he is making it my decision but part of me wants help to make up my mind! Perhaps a good plan might be to see if I go into Labour by 41weeks. if I haven't by then then I guess a c section is probably the best option.

Thats how I see it but due to the emergency of my last birth a part of me agrees that if the section was planned at least I could be more prepared (I don't remember meeting my daughter I was that out of it) - although I am petrified of having surgery if I am honest

I think I would hate to have a general for a c section. It must be so disorientating? I found the c section with the spinal absolutely fine. I didn't have time to worry about the spinal and it never really occured to me that it might be painful and it really wasn't. I did feel a little bit sick but that was all. I was holding my baby as I was rolled into recovery and had skin to skin with her and fed her shortly after. there's definitely something appealing about the predictability of a planned section.

I'm not pregnant but will face this decision with my next. (Also had a emergency csection under general anastetic)

I figured I'd go vbac if I went into labour naturally up until about 41 weeks and go elective ceserean if not or if I need to be induced. That way I'm giving myself a chance if my body's ready and decides on its own and if not then I'll have another ceserean and not be petrified of being induced.

I feel the same way! I ended up having an emergency section with my dd under general so i do NOT want a birth like that again for anything! I am swaying towards a vbac but feeling pressured by family and friends to go straight for a section. Doc has said that I would never be induced again and only be allowed to go a week over due date. Hmmmmm decisions decisions..... I cant decide either!

I also had an emergency csection under general and the whole situation was terrifying. I hated waking up, not knowing if my son was alive or dead. He's 13 months old now and I'm 17 weeks pregnant. He is showing developmental delays that may or may not be related to going without oxygen during labour and delivery. Because of that, I opted for another csection. What happened with him is unlikely to happen again but I just can't risk it happening again. Otherwise, my OB said I could very easily have a VBAC and would support it 100%.

That does sound very scary BrandiCanucks. I think because my section was only due to my daughter being breech it makes the decision harder. I think I would definitely be opting for a planned section in your situation. I see my consultant tomorrow and I still haven't fully made up my mind!

That's how I'm feeling, I've got a c-section booked for 39weeks after a very traumatic birth with DS done under GA, and the drugs resulting in complete memory lose after for 3 days. As well as poor midwifery, and DH not being allowed to stay (I phoned him from the delivery bed at 9cm when DS was in serious trouble).

Its left me wondering whether if I go before 39 weeks I want to try for a VBAC, but I don't think I can face the monitors again.

Well I saw the consultant today and it appears baby is breech again (or midwife got it wrong last week!). The consultant was very nice and is having me back in 2 Weeks to give me more time to think about ecv and vbac. If she is still breech in 2 Weeks I think the decision will be much easier and I will go for c section again. Don't know why both my babies have felt like they were head down when they were actually breech!

Sorry to hear about your traumatic experience m Nonie. I think I'd def be opting for an elective in your shoes! Such a shame when partners are made to go home when they are needed. I've booked into a hospital with single rooms which allow partners to stay over This time. My husband hated having to leave me struggling with baby after the section

I think I have decided on section too (although I have ages yet to change my mind...) - i just cant risk another traumatic birth if my body chooses not to cooperate again! As long as my baby is healthy at the end...

Well I saw the consultant today and it appears baby is breech again (or midwife got it wrong last week!). The consultant was very nice and is having me back in 2 Weeks to give me more time to think about ecv and vbac. If she is still breech in 2 Weeks I think the decision will be much easier and I will go for c section again. Don't know why both my babies have felt like they were head down when they were actually breech!

Could be something to do with the shape of your uterus? It seems to be quite common for women to go on to have more breech babies. At least that will make it an easy decision for you. I wouldn't like to try a vaginal birth with a breech baby either!

Could be something to do with the shape of your uterus? It seems to be quite common for women to go on to have more breech babies. At least that will make it an easy decision for you. I wouldn't like to try a vaginal birth with a breech baby either!

The consultant said it may well be due to the shape of my uterus and that baby might choose to flip back after an ECV- breech might just be comfier for her!

My first was a c section due to breech. I got pregnant again when she was about 8 months old, and I've been trying to decide about this one. She was breech until my last appointment, and now seems to be head down. I almost wish she'd stay breech so I didn't have to decide!

My first was a c section due to breech. I got pregnant again when she was about 8 months old, and I've been trying to decide about this one. She was breech until my last appointment, and now seems to be head down. I almost wish she'd stay breech so I didn't have to decide!

In some ways this is how I feel although I'm worried about her hips if she has been breech since 20 weeks (she looked completely folded over in that scan).

Oh for goodness sake! Just been to see midwife and she's not sure if baby is breech or head down now. Going for a presentation scan on Thurs. Got until Monday to make up mind about VBAC vs section. Wish I knew which way up she was!

So the midwife was correct! Baby is head down! Had a presentation scan today. So it's decision time again this weekend.

Good luck with your decision hun, its not a easy one but if in any doubt go with what your gut says :).

Thanks! Well the section is booked! Booked for 3 days before my due date so if I go before then I might try for a vbac. Feeling relieved to have decided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->