Wishful Thinking?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been on here before worried about being pregnant, and now I'm back. So here's the story:

About a month ago I was on anti-biotics for bronchitis and I didn't know it would affect my birth control. My boyfriend and I didn't use any protection during that time (we never do since I'm on bc) I got my period like normal but I do know it's possible to get your period and still be pregnant. That's not the end of it though. A week later I forgot to take two days worth of my bc and that means we had to use protection for a week. We only did for half a week. Then after those seven days were over, I forgot two more days of birth control. We didn't use protection at all those seven days.

Now I've been extremely tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get. I've been craving anything sweet like cake, ice cream, candy, you name it. My boobs aren't sore and my periods not due for another week or so. I have been a little nauseous for the past week and a half.

I'm just wondering if it's a possibility that I could be pregnant. If not, I just want to be prepared for my period to come, because I'm really starting to get my hopes up. If anyone answers, I'll be really happy. So thank you in advance. I hope this wasn't too confusing.

It is possible your pregnant. My boobs didnt start hurting till almost 6 weeks. I think thats when it normally starts cause thats when they start growing and REALLY kill lol. I hope you are pregnant if that is what you want. But it deffinately is a BIG possibility. If your hoping to be pregnant I was on BC and got pregnant so theres a little inspiration that it can happen. Although normally you dont hope to get pregnant and be on BC lol.

I hope you get whatever you want whether its a baby or not.

Hugs if you need it hun.

Kelly

Thanks. And yeah, I'm hoping to get pregnant soon, but since me and my boyfriend already have a son, it's kind of bad timing, so that's why I'm on the birth control. I don't want to go behind my bf's back and stop taking it, so I just deal with hoping I get pregnant.

Yeah. I didnt know you had a son but that explains the name lol. I was wondering about that. How old is your son? Yeah its a good thing to not go behind your boyfriends back lol that might make him just a tad mad. Who cares about bad timing though its a baby my theory is the babies come when there supposed to come and that is that. They bless there world when it is the right time. I am sure it will work out either way.

If you arent planning on getting pregnant anytime soon then use a contreception that you dont have to 'remember' to take.
Have you done a test yet?
If your that concerned the Id suggest going to the doctors and asking for them to do a HCG blood test, which will show by now if you are or arent pregnant.
Hope you get the result you want
X

The most important thing right now is to take a test.
You can get pregnant by simply missing one pill and you have missed two of them plus the time you were on antibiotics you two should have used protection.

Irregular pill taking can mess up your cycles a lot so it could be the reason your period is late and the reason for your symptoms.

In case you aren't pregnant,I suggest you use other form of birth control,something you don't have to remember taking.
Good luck!

I also think you need to test, good luck. But also try not to get your hopes up just incase you aren't pregnant :hugs:

I was recently on antibiotics as well for bronchitis and the doctor said it wouldn't effect BC only two types of antibiotics do.. Forget the sames im sure you could google the med. you were on... Good luck either way :D

i was on antibiotics a few months ago, and my doctor said i definatly need to use other forms of contraception other then the bc pill, because the pill WONT work...
so im not quite sure why elly ( the post before mine) thinks only 2 antibiotics affect the pill..

but if you definatly didnt use other forms of protection, then id say theres a big possibility..
but then again, reading from your posts you are hoping to be pregnant..and the signs like cravings may just all be in your head..

just wait to see if your period comes on its due date, if not..test a few days later?
but remember..seeing as you missed a few pills here and there, your period arrival date may have been altered...

best of luck xx

Well, not ALL antibiotics interfere with the pill, these do:

-- Rifampin (used to treat tuberculosis)
-- Phenobarbitol (sedative and anti-siezure medicine)
-- Phenytoin, Dilantin (anti-seizure medication)
-- Carbamazepine, Tegretol (anti-seizure medication)
-- Griseofulvin (potent anti-fungal)

I looked them up for you... Doctors often give mixed opinions on things, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry and use a back up method if you aren't sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->