Wishing my pregnancy away

jellybeanxx

TTC #4 since 12/2020
Reaction score
During my first pregnancy I was always desperate to get to the next bit and for it to be done so I could meet my baby. I never really took the time to enjoy being pregnant.

This will most likely be my last pregnancy so I really wanted to enjoy every moment and not wish it away. I've found myself doing the opposite. It's been much harder on me physically than last time (sickness was worse, a lot more food and smell aversions, symptoms started earlier, general discomfort etc) and since I got diagnosed with GD again (also early, 13 weeks this time as opposed to 28 weeks last time) I've been wishing the time away again.
There are some bits I love like getting a bump and feeling movement but it's being over shadowed by worrying about GD and feeling rubbish all the time.

Anyone else feeling like this? Any tips to just try and enjoy it all?

I feel exactly the same. At the moment I just feel so unfit. I'm waiting on 2nd tri burst of energy. I have much less to think about this time too ie less stuff to choose and shop for.

I've got a bit more energy again but have definitely lost the fitness I had before I was pregnant. That doesn't help!
I hope you get the second tri energy burst soon.

I hate pregnancy. Just gunna be honest.

I love the end result. I love the rush finding out you're pregnant, and the rush when you're in early labour and THATS IT.

I'm miserable from the first few days to the very last. Everything from prolonged morning sickness, to SPD and sciatica, to GD and low blood pressure that results in me constantly feeling like I'm going to pass out.

I know it's a blessing, and I know how lucky I am. But I still loathe it.

:hugs:

It can be really miserable experience can't it? I just want to enjoy it so badly but equally I can't wait to be out the other end.
I think part of it at least is because it's something I wanted for so long, I feel I should be enjoying it. Although what I actually want is a baby, pregnancy is just a means to an end.
I wish I was one of those glowing, blooming women from the front of pregnancy magazines.

I think enjoy it really means enjoy the anticipation of the new person who is being created and for me that kind of includes the boy / girl guessing game.

To me this time pregnancy is def a means to an end too
If I could skip the rest and hve my healthy bub here now
I would in a heartbeat.
I've had 3 mcs since my son
Id just feel safer being able to see bub
And know he/she is ok.
Plus we hve been ttc for over 2 yrs.
I'm more than ready for my baby :)

I hate pregnancy. Just gunna be honest.

I love the end result. I love the rush finding out you're pregnant, and the rush when you're in early labour and THATS IT.

I'm miserable from the first few days to the very last. Everything from prolonged morning sickness, to SPD and sciatica, to GD and low blood pressure that results in me constantly feeling like I'm going to pass out.

I know it's a blessing, and I know how lucky I am. But I still loathe it.

This. So much, this. I'm the same way. I hate being pregnant. The only parts I like is feeling the baby kick (until the baby gets so big it's painful), and being able to have a big belly and everyone be okay with it.

I'm always sick and in pain throughout the pregnancy. I have almost constant heartburn from day one....

But I love my babies. The end result is worth it, but you're definitely not alone in disliking the pregnancy part. Not everyone is the glowing happy pregnant woman. I'm certainly the dragging myself across the floor like a slug pregnant woman. lol!

I found my first pregnancy so exciting I was happy and didn't wish it away, this time I just want it to be over :haha: I'm sick of feeling fat and looking like a Buddha :haha:

Me too. To be honest I'm with everyone. I love my babies but knowing I'm getting a c section feels like knowing I'm going to be kicked in the face and feel it after. I'm not into pregnancy I just want my baby here and my body back so I can focus on looking after my family. I've been trying to enjoy it by making sure I dress nice and do my hair and makeup every day

I can understand how you feel. This is my last, and I really wanted to enjoy it... But at this point it's just a means to an end. I'm just trying to make it through the best I can, and keep in mind that it will all be worth it once my squishy baby is here.

This is only my first, but I am also in the 'hate being pregnant' camp. I just want to feel like normal me again.

I'm wishing away this pregnancy too. This is my third and I absolutely loved being pregnant with my first two children but this time it has been horrible. I've had severe nausea day and night since 5 weeks, I get heart palpitations whenever I eat, I feel like I'm going to pass out all the time, and I'm exhausted but when I do sleep I have bizarre vivid dreams all night long.

We found out at our scan that it was twins but that we had lost one at 8 weeks :( since then I'm analysing and worrying about every pain or change as I'm petrified we might lose both babies. Knowing that one baby had miscarried I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy any of the pregnancy or if I'll spend the whole time worrying. I just want to have my baby safely in my arms

I must say, I feel exactly the same. I feel so anxious all the time. My partner is the same, he hates pregnancy and just wants little dude here so that we can get started with being a family of four. I feel ungrateful sometimes but I'm excited to get to the end, have a calmer birth, meet my little boy and have my daughter meet her brother. :blush:

Absolutely! The sickness was all day (though is subsiding some what) my hips are hurting, I'm already have Braxton Hicks, headaches and exhaustion.

I'm mostly wishing birth to come close so I can have a better birth this time!

This is only my first, but I am also in the 'hate being pregnant' camp. I just want to feel like normal me again.

Same. I didn't mind at first but I've reached that point, well I reached it about 6-8 weeks ago, that I'm just bored of being pregnant and want my little girl in her pram in front of me ❤️
I'm only 36 weeks at the moment but I'm already being asked 'is she getting ready yet?!' I think I'm going nuts!

Love being a mom. Loathe pregnancy. I hated being the pregnant the first time and I hate it equally this time (my last). If I could wish my entire pregnancy away and wake up tomorrow and give birth, I'd be the happiness girl in the world. I am sidelined by sickness the entire time until I'm so distracted by baseball sized hemmroids that the pain overtakes the discomfort. I'd say the only difference this time is that I knew it would be brutal and it is.

But I certainly won't beat myself up for not enjoying it, and neither should you :winkwink:

It's not exactly fun is it? I am so tired and don't have much stamina at all! I also get pelvic pain too. Would be happy to hibernate for a few months to be honest. Looking after kids is exhausting, they are quite active and I'm feeling the opposite.
21 weeks to go....

It took us 6 years, 3 iui's, 3 regular ivf's, immune treatments, 3 donor egg ivf's (with having to travrl to Europe as Canada is waaaay behind women's medical technology) and then we got on the adoption list (and paid half the non-refundable fees) and then bam! Our first DD was conceived naturally. I had to do IM injections and tummy injections (blood thinners) and take a handful of drugs everyday for three months to sustain the pregnancy. But no real pregnancy symptoms. Just know that your body is amazing! And it could be much much worse, you could owe a small mortgage of debt towards ivf/conception plus have all the crumby symptoms of pregnancy. It'll be over soon xx

Yup, same here :) I just want it to be December already so I can feel, hear, cuddle and just enjoy my daughter <3.
This pregnancy is quite worrisome to me, because of placenta previa and an amnionic sheet (babygirl is doing great, though!) and I've felt sick the entire first trimester. I also have fibromyalgia and I'm hypermobile - and have a fractured tailbone :) , so pregnancy is just quite hard for me as it is.
I loooove my bump and the movements, I really do, and it's all worth it. But yeah, I totally want it to be December :shy: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->