Witch got me :( and OH making me feel low !

Jo_2k

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Well after being over a week late, the witch finally got me on Saturday, the day before my brithday which wasn't a nice surprise :( I was expecting it though because I just didn't feel pregnant (not that I know what feeling pg feels like), but I just felt sort of normal but was cluting at straws because the witch was so late. Anyway, I felt so down about it on Saturday and also due the fact that OH was being an idot and not helping around the house that I suggested we give up TTC for a while because our mortgage goes up a 100 pounds in January (I think it was just an excuse to say it). The thing is, I don't want to give up TTC I just wanted a reponse from him because he doesn't talk about it much. I know he really wants a baby and gets really broody when we see kids etc but he just doesn't talk to me about it. Anyway I imagined him to say that he didn't want to stop TTC but he said maybe we should give up trying for a year. I didn't want to tell him that I didn't mean it and so I just said "mmmm". Now, I dont know what to do. I really don't want to give up TTC but I don't want to tell him what I did because it looks like Im a right manipulative cow. Does anyone else feel like their OH's just don't seem interested??

Sorry for rambling. I'm just double gutted now :(

Love Jo xx

:hugs: My OH and I sometimes discuss it and when I feel he isn't interested anymore I say things to get a reaction. I usually wait a few days and then take it back. He is pretty understanding about it and understands its usually the hormones and stress talking. Maybe just sit down and talk about it. Hope it works out. :hugs:

Well after being over a week late, the witch finally got me on Saturday, the day before my brithday which wasn't a nice surprise :( I was expecting it though because I just didn't feel pregnant (not that I know what feeling pg feels like), but I just felt sort of normal but was cluting at straws because the witch was so late. Anyway, I felt so down about it on Saturday and also due the fact that OH was being an idot and not helping around the house that I suggested we give up TTC for a while because our mortgage goes up a 100 pounds in January (I think it was just an excuse to say it). The thing is, I don't want to give up TTC I just wanted a reponse from him because he doesn't talk about it much. I know he really wants a baby and gets really broody when we see kids etc but he just doesn't talk to me about it. Anyway I imagined him to say that he didn't want to stop TTC but he said maybe we should give up trying for a year. I didn't want to tell him that I didn't mean it and so I just said "mmmm". Now, I dont know what to do. I really don't want to give up TTC but I don't want to tell him what I did because it looks like Im a right manipulative cow. Does anyone else feel like their OH's just don't seem interested??

Sorry for rambling. I'm just double gutted now :(

Love Jo xx

:hugs:
My OH also doesn't talk about it much, although I know he thinks about it. I think he has been surprised by the fact that getting pg doesn't necessarily happen as soon as you TTC... I have also said things to get a reaction (including "maybe we should stop ttc") - but generally always tell him that I didn't mean it afterwards - which he always knows anyway - guess he is used to my (at times) unreasonable reactions!

Talk to your OH sweetie, I am sure he will understand...
:hug:

oh hon - you've just gotta say to your OH that you know you suggested taking a break, but that was just when you were feeling down. You have thought about it a bit and you are sure you want to keep TTC.

I know you just wanted to get him talking, and that can be so hard to do... :hugs:

Thanks for your advice ladies. I did as you said and I sat OH down this morning and told him that I had said it because I wanted to prevoke a reaction. He was actually really understanding and said that he still wants to carry on TTC aswell and that nobody is ever ready for the cost of having a baby and we are in a better financial situation than a lot of people so we should just go for it and he will try and be more understanding and talk to me about it. :D SO, just wanted to thank you ladies for the advice and keep you updated. Here's hoping we all get a November :bfp:

Thank you again :hugs: xx

Sorry AF turned up but glad you had a good chat with OH! Good luck this cycle.

Awesome that OH was so cool about it (even if it took him a bit. hehe). My OH said the same thing about $$ -- "If we wait until we can afford it, we'll never have kids." We actually do just fine... but kids are COSTLY no matter how much you make!

You're not alone on this emotional rollercoaster! You've got a great OH and all of us here! Good luck this c! :dust:

I'm sorry she got you hun. :hugs: I completely now how you are feeling. I was completely gutted on Friday when she arrived. :hugs: Hang in there hun! We'll get our :bfp:'s next month. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->