Withdrawal Method?

BumpySomeday

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I'm new to baby & bump and had a question of my own that I haven't seen quite yet. Is anyone using the withdrawal method? Or has anyone gotten pg from this method?

My husband and I are WTT but we exclusively use this method and have been doing so for 6 months. We are waiting but... we're kind of NTNP? I guess? Not really sure if that counts :)

:hi: and welcome!

We use the withdrawal method too. My hubby thinks it's NTNP as we aren't using protection but I don't think it is as he always pulls out on time. I've seen people on the forum who've used it for years and never get pregnant...then again I've seen people get pregnant while using it too! I think it depends on how good the guys timing is :haha:

Yeah we've used it for the last 3 years as our method, but then some cycles he randomly doesn't pull out which is what happened right before O this time. I guess we're about as NTNP as we're going to get at this point. :)

Hubs and I used this method for 3 years. It only works if he pulls out on time. Friends are always shocked when we tell them it's our only form of birth control.

^^^AGREED! People are shocked with us too! We have been using it for 9 years now and the only time he didn't pull out all the way (fun night in Seattle), I got pregnant but ended in a CP :(. So since then, he's been sloppy and kinda pulling out sometimes, sometimes he goes back in and then changes his mind??? lol.
So we have decided to use the FAM method of BC in another month of me charting to have accuracy.

Good luck! and there's always a chance with this method though too :)

Thanks :) Yeah, everyone thinks we're crazy as well! My bff got pregnant using this method.. but she was like 19 and I doubt her bf at the time was careful back then. But I guess it IS possible. Especially now that we're now not pulling out the week before my period, does anyone else do that or get riskier!? (like the week after haha)

I'm sorry to hear of your CP free_spirtd :cry: What does the FAM method stand for anyway?

We are pretty risky. He doesn't pull out for the first 10 days or so, then pulls out sometimes and then other times doesn't(!) and then stops pulling out altogether by about day 20. I'm happy with this cause i want a baby!!

FAM = Fertility Awareness Method. Basically you chart your body's signs that you are about to ovulate and also your basal body temperature which tells you when you have ovulated. It's a super reliable method if you are disciplined. If you click on the little chart in my siggy and have a nose about that site - Fertility Friend - there's a ton of info. I swear by FAM for both trying to conceive and trying to avoid. I'd just rather be sloppy and using pull out (kinda) right now cause i want to get pregnant and DH is dragging his heels a little.

We use pull out and I also chart with fertility friend. The only time I got pg was when we weren't careful at all.
It is a reliable form of birth control if the guy is in control! ( of himself) my guy is very very good at the withdrawal method.

Thanks :) Yeah, everyone thinks we're crazy as well! My bff got pregnant using this method.. but she was like 19 and I doubt her bf at the time was careful back then. But I guess it IS possible. Especially now that we're now not pulling out the week before my period, does anyone else do that or get riskier!? (like the week after haha)

I'm sorry to hear of your CP free_spirtd :cry: What does the FAM method stand for anyway?

Thank you love :). I'm ok with it... just wasn't meant to be. I have super short cycles, (approximately 23 days) so I move on to the next very quickly. Plus we weren't really trying, it was more "oopsie" "halfsie" didn't pull out all the way fast enough... DH is getting sloppy sometimes lately....wants a baby, but doesn't think he's ready! lol :dohh::wacko:

Good luck and welcome to BnB!

Hey Ladies,

Yeah I used the pull-out method effectively for over a year. It works great! When my sister-in-law researched BC menthods she found out the the pull-out method is 95% effective when done properly. Of course, I think if a guy can't do it properly than he probably subconsciously wants a baby;) Anyways now we aren't bothering and just doing th BD whenever we feel like it. Not gonna lie though, it's still disappointing get those BFNs or AF every month even though we aren't "actively trying". Problem is, OH just wants it to happen naturally :( Oh well

OH and I use the pull out method too, we always have. 3 years no pregnancies, but we've had 2 real scares. They were false alarms, of course.

I know you can get pregnant with the pull out method, even if he does pull out on time (there can be pre-existing sperm in pre-ejac), but I think the withdrawal method can be very preventative if you're charting, and just as fool-proof as a condom.

There is an actual term for this method. I think it's called natural BC.

We use the pull out method. I'm not against having another baby... In fact I want one. But I basically put having another in his hands. I tell him when I'm fertile so he decides whether to pull out or let some escape in there for the win... Lol.

So each month is really antsy for me... I symptom spot like crazy and wonder if I'm preggo so it can be a bit stressful wondering if you are preggo or not each month. And this is only cycle 2 of The pull out method... Near ovulation day I heard him say oops when he went to pull out... Lol! So we shall see this month. :p

We used FAM with withdrawal really strictly for 30 cycles to prevent, successfully. We got our BFP the first cycle we stopped withdrawing. I was worried there was something wrong with our fertility because we'd been using a 'frowned upon' method of contraception and hadn't gotten pregnant, but i think it just shows that if it's done properly it's really effective. I think if you're using withdrawal to NTNP, he has to get kinda sloppy ;) Mind you that's just my experience, I know people who swear they've done it 100% properly and always pulled out in time and still got pregnant, so my sample size of one couple isn't really proper evidence :haha:

Good luck ladies :flower:

Haha, thanks for all of the replies! I've heard people say they got pg too from it.. so yeah I always symptom spot thinking omgosh maybe he didn't do it in time?! It kind of makes each cycle more fun with that little risk involved!

He is not sloppy... but he has ventured into not pulling out before/after AF. Baby steps I guess (no pun intended) :haha:

We used it for about 6 months and didn't get pregnant, until OOPS, the one night he forgot to withdraw in time! Haha, this is how we ended up with our LO. ;) It is effective as long as you do it properly every time.

my husband and i are using this method as the pill/injection etc muck with me too much and he doesn't like condoms. he reckons he's done it this way his whole sexual life and never got anyone pregnant so will be interested to see how we do with it as i got pregnant to him 2 months into us dating (we have a lovely 3 month old now)!

Hi ladies I'm after some advice, on 17th jan me and my dh used withdrawal method, he reckons he pulled out on time, i then ovulated the day after on jan 18th, on 20th i started with some mild cramping which over the course of the fortnight developed into sore bbs, nausea, using the bathroom more frequently, loads of creamy white cm (im normally extremely dry as this has become an issue) moody, crying all the time, i have 2 ds already so i know when im pregnant and this time i just feel the same, i have done numerous pg tests all negative. witch was due on sat 1st feb, nothing happened, then yesterday at 1 day late i started spotting on tp really pale pink mucous, i woke up today and i had brown dc on my panty liner and when i wipe its like really watery pale orange blood and i have really bad cramps. my cycle is usually spot on to the day and i never spot, it normally comes with full force and lasts 5 days, do you think i am going mad or is there still a chance i might be pregnant? i'm going out of my mind and i just aren't convinced that i'm not! any help or advice will be so appreciated xx

We used withdrawal successfully for about 5 years and have just started trying to conceive. I get the impression that people who don't use this method think that anyone who does must be complete idiots, but he would withdraw well before releasing anything so the only chance would be if there was any precum, but we were fine. I guess it depends how much self control your OH has!

Also, I suppose there's the possibility there could be fertility problems which was why it worked so well. Fingers crossed that's not the case. :)

Haha, thanks for all of the replies! I've heard people say they got pg too from it.. so yeah I always symptom spot thinking omgosh maybe he didn't do it in time?! It kind of makes each cycle more fun with that little risk involved!

He is not sloppy... but he has ventured into not pulling out before/after AF. Baby steps I guess (no pun intended) :haha:

We have been doing this for over 8 months now. I do the same thing with the symptoms and it drives me mad lol! After our first "scare" that I might be pregnant, it's as though each month I'm getting more and more hopeful when I'm late and feeling various symptoms.

I'm eager to try some risk taking.... we have started talks about TTC in the last couple of weeks and the last few times when he asks where I want him to ejaculate, I laugh and tell him he knows where I want it! I certainly wouldn't be opposed to an oops moment :)

We used this method for 5 years and we actually started to worry something might be wrong with us since I never got pregnant. And everyone else we knew who used this method got pregnant. Then when we decided to try I got pregnant the 1st cycle lol. So I guess he was just really good at pulling out on time haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->