Withdrawal

callmedan

Reaction score
Anyone using withdrawal?
Which cd do you use it? Or do you use it all month? I've read that some people only pull out cd10 till 1dpo..

yes, withdrawal every single time throughout the cycle. it worked for me for 10 years except when I had my son!
the timing was just at ovulation and he was like half a second late to pull out.

We use it nearly all the time, though occasionally we don't if I'm fairly certain we're safe. However, we only use the method because a "whoopsie" would be fine. If you really want to avoid pregnancy, I'd use something else.

im just using it while i have a month off my pill, a whoopsie wouldnt be the end of the world i was just wondering how people use it! thanks for replies :)

We use withdrawal too cause were in the same boat as you. We aren't trying but if it happened we'd be thrilled! That being said, we withdraw every time.. Just in case. Except there has been a few times we haven't if it was just a day or two after my period ended when I knew we were safe. But other than that, it's been effective for us!

We are using withdrawal too. I keep track of when I am fertile so we make sure to withdraw when I'm close to ovulation. Its worked for us for six months with only one opps when we decided to not pay attention to my fertile days however we had an early loss and are now back to being super careful.

We have used it all month for most of our relationship, and never fallen pregnant. My first pregnancy was conceived with a condom (which had split) the second when on the pill.

We then pulled out when I was fertile (using a fertility monitor to identify this) for a few months and no pregnancies.

... Then we started to only pull out sometimes and I got pregnant.

Conclusion- it does work, but only when you actually pull out ...

DH and I used this a lot when we dated (tried to remember to use condoms but we were bad about that). Never fell pregnant. Now that we are married, we mostly only use it now when we think I'm fertile. Otherwise, we don't use anything. So far, so good.

We never used it but will be starting now since I'm off the pill. The plan was to just not BD for the first cycle off bcp, but I'm oviously one of those girls that have trouble getting AF back and hubby can't wait anymore haha....

The boyfriend and I go back and forth between condoms and withdrawal, depending on where we are (if we're at home where we have access to the condoms), how lazy we're feeling, and how close to ovulation I am. Generally, we use withdrawal when I'm further away from ovulation, though we used it a couple weeks ago when we were out of town and didn't have condoms on us. If I remember correctly it was 3 days before ovulation.

Now my period is a day late. Guess the joke's on me. 8D I'm sure it's just one of those fluke things that sometimes happens, but I'm clucky and am always hoping for an "accidental pregnancy". I know that's awful, but every couple of months or so when my charts do something weird I start wondering and hoping if maybe our timing was off, or maybe we happened to be in that 1% of couples where the condom didn't work the way it was supposed to. 8D

A pregnancy wouldn't be the end of the world for us. We both want kids, we just know that later would probably be better than sooner.

We mostly withdraw, but use condoms when we know for sure that I'm fertile. It's been totally effective for us, the only reason we got pregnant with our son was because we weren't pulling out every time.

We generally used the withdraw method all month, it worked for over 2 years until dg decision to not withdraw which got us pregnant first month trying.

Xx

Used it for four years throughout my cycles, conceived on cycle two after stopping :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->