witts end with 16yr old..arrrgh!!!

I agree with lemily & bingo- remember you're a parent not a friend, and stopping washing their clothes, tidying, handing out cash and any other things you do for them will probably have a pretty quick effect!
My beloved sister's 17 and she's been a living nightmare since she was about 13. We've had everything- dropping out of college, answering back, the police involved, drugs, alcohol and numerous friends and boyfriends using our house like a hotel. But still- through all of this- my mum has stuck by her and made excuses for everything. If my sister wants a tenner that we know will go on drink, our mum will give it to her.
It's not only embarrassing for me, but my parents are losing all respect and are basically being walked over! They get no gratitute from her, no thanks or even a smile. I reckon if they had no clean clothes, their rooms stank to high heaven and had mould, they had no money and didn't have food cooked for them every night it would snap anyone back to reality after about 2 weeks! x

Hugs all the way...

It is dreadful. We had my brother's little brother staying with us and he did nothing. I always said to my children I expect them to either study or work. I understand it can be hard to find a job but at least they can help around the house then. He just sat on his computer the whole time, slept whenever he liked, went out without saying anything, it drove me nuts.
I know it can be hard if there is no reasoning with them. It will get better in the end though. Usually this only lasts a while. At one point they will see themselves that something needs to be done, and if not, they will turn 18 and are responsable for their own deeds.
But good luck anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->