Woke up with...

someone23

Reaction score
Very swollen hands!! Nothing else is swollen. It's weird. One routine visit revealed protein in urine but BP was low. What should I do?

I'd ring maternity assessment and ask them. It can be normal but depends how swollen they are i guess! If protein was found before then I'd imagine they will want to see you x

Have you had a lot of water? How is the temperature? On days when it was hit, if I didn’t drink enough water I would swell and could get my ring off if shoes on. Freaked me out. BUT I agree just ring the doctor just to be safe

I agree that you should ring the maternity assessment unit or your doctor.

I've had swollen hands a couple of days, mainly when it's really hot. However, never had protein in the urine.

I hope they're able to put your mind at rest.

Thanks everyone. I did go to women's triage and got labs and monitored. All was normal. However I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes and was at 70%. Effaced and 3-4cm. They sent me home and told me come back when contractions are stronger. Have slight spotting from exam and cramps this morning. Could labor be far?

Good luck! Sounds like you're on your way :)

I would think you are pretty close to active labor. How are you feeling today?

Thanks ladies.. I'm still pregnant!! Still 3-4cm. No changes. I'm having slight nausea. Dr said she won't let me go pass 39 weeks.. So I guess within 14 days I'll have a baby!

Glad all checked out. I get swollen hands in the heat and notice my ring is too tight. But never had protein this pregnancy....

WOW, sounds like you are one your way! :happydance:

Thanks ladies.. no more swelling in days now.. but it was only scary because it was in the middle of the night.. no sun no heat.. etc and they were swollen when I woke up for a bathroom break in the midnight hours.. now just awaiting his arrival almost 38 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->