Wonderful midwife appointment

skellysgirl

Reaction score
I just had an appointment with the midwife, she was wonderful.
My usual midwife was away and usually just sees me quickly collects my samples and ushers me off, politley but not inspiring.

This new one sat and listened to my busy last few weeks. I went in to see my consultant because of antenatal depression, he offered me an induction pretty much straight away.
In the end i delayed the induction because i wanted to do it as naturally as possible. And as soon as i had a bit more control the antsy-ness eased i made a plan to keep my mind busy which helped and gave the baby a bit more time.

So i told her my dillemma

Try and wait, both my other two were early and i have dream labours, no contractions, and the last one was waters broke baby out 45 min later, downside having to keep myself sane (sounds easier when i get can so aggressive, miserable and cut off at times, it affects my family too)

or

Go in and be induced, which is a quick and easy end, no more stressing freaking and all of this over, downside being forced into labour and having to go high dependancy.

She sat listned and went through all of it with me, and then suggested a sweep to see if we could start it naturally, which she did and it was no wheer near as bad as i expected, plus she is coming to see me on tues to check how im feeling and give me a new check point to get to.
So all those who are hoping for a sweep before 40 weeks there is a bit of hope.

Yay!!! Glad you had a good one.. no idea about the pre 40 sweep!!

am glad you had a good experience....i alwasy wonder at mine...everyone else who sees my mf team seems to be in for ages, yet mine are done within 5mins....do they think that because i am 31 that i know everything or something? ('cos i don't!)

this makes me happy that someone else has a nice mw :hugs: I am glad you have found one that listens to you and helps you thats fab :hugs:

It really makes all the difference when someone takes a out a bit of time with you. My very first midwife was terrible. She made it really clear that she couldn't be bothered esp when we realised i was under the wrong catchment and wasn't meant to be a patient of hers. She even gave me all of my booking blood tubes to take home (empty) to present to my new midwife after telling me that my veins "are crap" when she couldn't get blood out after the forth attempt in the second arm (all this after telling her i was needle phobic!)! It was an awful first experience esp since this is my first baby. All i can say is that thank the lord my new midwife is ace :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->