Wondering if anyone can help me?

Gemstar785

Growing A May Bumpyy! x
Reaction score
I am 23 weeks pregnant and 17 years old. I know I am in the wrong section I just thought that you girls might know a bit more about this. I was wondering when I will be able to claim some form of benefit. I don't want to have to but I can't find work and I'm feeling really worried. I live with my mum at the moment so I don't think I can claim JSA, was anyone else in my situation and knows anything about when I can claim income support and if i can claim anything now? I have tried directgov but found nothing about teen pregnancy and income support. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ladies xx

Im not sure what you can claim now, but once baby arrives you will get child benefit and child tax credits. Also if your not working i think you should be able to claim income support. Maybe go down to your local job centre or citizens advice and enquire?X

I am 23 weeks pregnant and 17 years old. I know I am in the wrong section I just thought that you girls might know a bit more about this. I was wondering when I will be able to claim some form of benefit. I don't want to have to but I can't find work and I'm feeling really worried. I live with my mum at the moment so I don't think I can claim JSA, was anyone else in my situation and knows anything about when I can claim income support and if i can claim anything now? I have tried directgov but found nothing about teen pregnancy and income support. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ladies xx

You can still recieve JSA while living with your mum. I lived with my parents while recieving JSA (well still do) When you are 29 weeks pregnant, you can stop your JSA claim and start claiming Income Support. It's the same amount, but means it will just be paid directly into your account -or pick up from local post office if you do not have a debit card-
Once recieving JSA/Income support, you will then be entitled to a Health in Pregnancy grant (£190) - i think you have to be 29 weeks pregnant + though, and a Sure Start grant (£500)
Also: You can start getting healthy food vouchers once your on JSA, it's only about £3.10 a week, but definitely worth it, helps keep your eating healthy whilst growing your bump :)

Hope this helps :flow:
x

Just realised you said you was 17. It shouldn't really matter -because your pregnant- but do you have a connexions in you area? Anyone under 18 normally get paid JSA through connexions instead of Job centre. Once your 29 weeks pregnant though you should be entitled to Income Support, regardless whether your living with your mum or not :)

^ I was 17 and got exactly what you said in your first post :thumbup: So thats right!

Thank you for the advice ladies. 29 weeks doesn't seem too long away, so that's good! You have been very helpful, it's just such a pain that because i'm a couple of months younger it's all so complicated on the JSA front :no: thanks again :flower: xx

Also the Sure Start grant (the £500 one) you can claim at 25 weeks... But I think you might already have to receive Income Support to get that? So you would have to wait til 29 weeks for that too... I think thats what I did... Its all fuzzy now :lol: xx

Also the Sure Start grant (the £500 one) you can claim at 25 weeks... But I think you might already have to receive Income Support to get that? So you would have to wait til 29 weeks for that too... I think thats what I did... Its all fuzzy now :lol: xx

Thats what I did too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->